Do you want to work for well established nationwide supported living service with a great reputation?
We are looking to recruit the right person to join the friendly team of Support Workers for the Company's Gloucester based services.
This is a full-time and permanent position, paying up to £8.50 per hour. You will be working shifts including; earlies, lates, weekends with additional payments for sleep-ins.
You will be working in one of a number of Supported Living services supporting adults with a number of different needs including, acquired brain injuries, learning disabilities and dementia. A large part of your role will involve facilitating service users to spend time in their local community.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone that is looking for career progression and looking for opportunities to develop your skills and knowledge with industry recognised qualifications.
Responsibilities of the Support Worker:
- Ensuring good communication within all levels of the staff team
- Overseeing and organising the daily recording of information relating to service users
- Identifying the service user's emotional, physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs and support individuals to make appropriate decisions for action in consultation with the Management team
- Liaising with relatives, Care Managers and other professionals in consultation with the Manager
- Ensuring that the agreed guidelines for each service user are followed in conjunction with the Management team
- Assisting in maintaining a good standard of hygiene and tidiness, when required, to check all equipment including emergency and fire equipment and report any defects
- Ensuring accurate recordings and reporting of all accidents and incidents that may occur involving service users and or staff and to record relevant information in the appropriate place
- Preparing reports and participating in service user's reviews as required
- Participating in staff meetings, contributing to the review of current working practices and future developments
Person Specification for the Support Worker:
- Previous experience working in a Care setting would be preferrable but not essential
- Good listening and communication skills
- The ability to manage challenging situations
- A full UK driving licence is preferrable
- Full DBS check paid for by the Company
- The successful candidate must be available to work a variety of shift patterns.
Additional information for the Support Worker:
- Working for a established and supportive organisation.
- Pension scheme.
- Joining bonus.
- 30 days annual leave.
- Access to local discounts.
- Development and promotion opportunities.
- Comprehensive introductory and ongoing training.
- Support in completing NVQ/QCF qualifications.
Don't miss out on being rewarded with amazing job satisfaction and feeling part of a community. This leading healthcare provider based in Gloucesteris passionate about offering the best service to both staff and clients. So apply today!
If this exciting opportunity is of interest to you please apply immediately or call the permanent recruitment team on , alternatively email your CV to