An independent, family run fostering agency are looking for an organised, committed and focussed Family Practitioner to work within a highly respected and recognised agency. The post will involve working closely with children in the therapeutic care programme and foster placements, supporting their progress and development along the way.
The agency has a strong aim to provide children with a stable, nurturing and stimulating environment with an approved foster family whilst showing a holistic and therapeutic approach to care. They have a highly appreciated ethos to provide a service that works for both the children and the foster carers, and is focussed on meeting their needs and fulfilling their potential.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Supervising Social Worker to supervise, guide and support the carers and foster placement.
- Undertake direct work with the child as directed by the clinical team; such as promoting hobbies, coaching with behavioural issues and addressing self-harmful behaviour.
- Attend planning and review meetings as directed by the Supervising Social Worker, and conducting regular visits and telephone contact with Foster Carers.
- To communicate a positive influence for the young person in order to build and sustain a sound and strong relationship with them.
- Establish objectives and plan and deliver a range of support services which promote longevity and stability levels within placements.
The post holder will be supported and supervised regularly. Relevant training will be provided and a comprehensive induction into the job role. This is an exciting opportunity to work directly with children and young people in a supportive environment.
The successful candidate will be willing, flexible and able to work to the needs of the business where required, whilst competently and professionally representing themselves and the agency.
How to Apply
For an informal chat around the role and agency please call 0-121 51-6 39-85 / 07-517 5439-44.