Care Team Leader
Are you currently working within the care industry with leadership and PBS (Positive Behavioural Support) experience? Would you like to work for an employer who invests in you and its environment? Would you like to develop your own career and positively impact the lives of others? Lacking reward in your current role?
Come and join a very different care business!!!
Westward Healthcare are recruiting for a Care Team Manager / Team Leader with PBS experience to lead our team of Support Workers at our service in Attleborough, Norfolk. Our team supports service users with a range of complex Learning Disabilities and Mental Health conditions, with the aim of supporting independent living. This is a part-time role, offering:
- 28 hours per week, working days and evenings
- 29 days annual leave
- Competitive hourly rate of £11.50
- Daily lifestyle benefits
- Fantastic training and development opportunities
The Care Team Manager / Team Leader Role:
As a Care Team Manager / Team Leader, you will promote and ensure that the company vision of person centred support is implemented whilst maintaining an individual’s potential and independence through PBS (Positive Behavioural Support). You will be a front-line manager, whilst also ensuring all necessary back office duties are completed within compliance.
A Care Team Manager / Team Leader is required to respect and work cooperatively with others, enabling the people we support to live in their own home or within their local community with dignity and confidence. Responsibilities include:
- Be an advocate of PBS (Positive Behavioural Support) across the service
- To Implement and monitor systems for communication among the staff team, i.e. diaries and communication books, emails etc. and in line with data protection and confidentiality policies
- Provide quality monitoring reports when required to the Registered Manager
- Ensure the support provided, reflects the wishes of the individuals we support and guide other colleagues to adhere to these principles
- Ensure all the person’s specific support plans, protocols and risk assessments are communicated, adhered to and reviewed at the correct times
- Ensure and monitor the safe ordering, dispensing, recording and storing of medications
- Lead and ensure support staff to encourage a person to be as independent as possible within and outside their home environment
- Devise and monitor an individual’s health action plan and encourage them in maintaining their wellbeing
- Where appropriate support and advise people with finances and budgeting and where a recording system is in place monitor this
- Ensure that all staff work in line with the core principles around the safeguarding of vulnerable adults
- Be a point of contact to family, friends and professionals in relation to an individual
- Actively contribute to staff member development and highlight training needs to your Registered Manager
- To produce and monitor team rota’s
- Accompany supported people on holidays
- Ensure and monitor that support staff follow policies, procedures and guidance from the Employee handbook
- Fully comply with the requirements set out by the Health and Social Care Act 2014, Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, GSCC, Health and Social Care Regulations 2010, Safeguarding Policies and CQC standards
- Attend all statutory training to meet Skills for Care Specifications
- Understand and adhere to the policies as set out in the Mental Health Act 2013
About Westward Healthcare:
Westward Healthcare aims to be the best care provider in Norfolk. We aim to not only offer our service users the highest level of care, we aim to offer an industry leading rehabilitation service that supports independent living.
If you have the compassion and experience to excel as a Care Team Manager / Team Leader, we want to hear from you! Click apply to register your interest.
Successful applicants will also need to complete and have a satisfactory DBS report before commencing the role.The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.