Housing Lodgings Officer
Job title: Housing (Lodgings) Officer
Salary: £7573 (Pro Rata £18,933) per annum
Location: Home based, covering Colchester and Babergh areas
Job type: Part Time, Permanent
Hours: 15 hours per week
About Solo Housing:
Solo Housing is a registered charity providing housing and support to vulnerable homeless people in East Anglia. We are looking to recruit a Lodgings Officer to join our experienced and expanding Lodgings Team.
Lodgings Officer – Role Description and Responsibilities:
- The primary objective of the post is to secure and access suitable lodging accommodation for single homeless people.
- As a Lodgings Officer you will be responsible for finding suitable landlords for our lodgings register and housing clients in the Colchester and Babergh Districts.
- The post is home-based but will be covering Colchester and Babergh.
- 15 Hours per week to be mutually agreed.
Lodgings Officer – Essentials Skills and Requirements:
- Applicants must have the ability to assess a person’s housing needs and suitability for lodgings.
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment.
- Own transport and a full driving licence are essential as well as good IT skills.
- An enhanced DBS check will also be required.
- Must have a positive and creative approach towards obtaining lodgings accommodation.
- Ability to work flexibly (some appointments may be early evening for those who are working)
The Next Step & How to Apply
To join the team the next step is to submit a CV via the Apply button below. On receipt of your CV an application form and supporting documents will be emailed to you for your completion.
Closing date: Friday 11th January 2019.
Solo Housing Aims to be an equal opportunities employer.