Outreach Support Worker
Are you looking to start a new and rewarding career?
Are you enthusiastic and passionate about caring for others?
Life Opportunities Trust is looking for caring, self-motivated staff for our vacancies in our Residential, Supported Living and Outreach Services
Role: Outreach Support Worker
Job Reference: Out1
Company: Life Opportunities Trust
Location: Office based in Abbots Langley (field based role)
Salary: £8.60 - £9.00 per hour
Job Type: Full-time or Part-time (Flexible Rota over 7 days)
As an Outreach Support Worker, you will be providing a high standard of care and support for Service Users in a Support Living, Residential or Outreach setting. Our Service Users have learning disabilities, and some have physical disabilities. Our aim is to empower Service Users in their daily lives and to encourage them to lead a full and active life!
Previous Experience in care is not essential; however you must be willing to undergo an enhanced DBS Disclosure. We are looking for Ambitious individuals with Integrity and Respect. Our positions on our Outreach Service require candidates to have a full UK Driving Licence, and access to their own vehicle.
Our Outreach Support Workers are required to carry out day-to-day tasks with our Service Users. We need Outreach Support Workers to be able to assist Service Users in decision making, and enabling the development of appropriate skills. As an Outreach Support Worker, you would have the following responsibilities.
- To Support Service Users within the community
- To Support the Service Users with all aspects of personal care as appropriate.
- To Assist in arranging trips, outings and holidays, accompanying the Service Users when required.
- To do domestic duties including the preparation of meals, cleaning and laundry.
- To administer medication and the maintenance of records of all drugs and treatment given in accordance with company policy.
- To enable the Service Users to purchase clothes and other personal items.
- To participate in all staff meetings as required.
- To observe financial instructions
- To accompany the Service Users and support them in their place of worship
- To ensure accurate records are kept and maintaining confidentiality.
- To undertake training where required according to the needs of the Service User, the home and the organisation
LOT offers an extensive training and development package, contributory pension scheme and employee assistance programme.
Due to the high volume of applications, if you do not hear from us within 2 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.