Service Manager - Substance Misuse Service
Service Manager (substance misuse service) - 12 month FTC in Hull. £48-£50k.
Your new company
Due to an internal secondment, the opportunity has arisen for a service manager to join a large national charity who support individuals and communities affected by substance and alcohol misuse in Hull. This is a fixed term contract of 12 months.
Your new role
This role is a senior managerial position within a national substance misuse charity and will involve managing a large team of 90+ staff across 4 sites and co-located services. This role would be ideally suited to candidates with previous experience of working within the substance misuse or mental health field although applicants who can demonstrate significant leadership experience from other social care backgrounds such as probation and criminal justice would be considered.
Key aspects of the role include:
- Providing strategic leadership for the project
- Workforce development
- Developing and delivering outcome focused services within budgets
- Building on existing positive workforce engagement
- Having a proactive approach to safeguarding practice
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous demonstrable leadership experience in a large social care setting - evidence of strategy implementation
- Ideally worked in a substance misuse field
- Experience of working across a range of stakeholders
- Dynamic, responsive and committed to staff engagement creating a learning and development culture
What you'll get in return
- 12 month fixed term contract
- £48k-£50k salary
- 37.5 hours a week contract
- Role suited to experienced service manager or deputies and project managers seeking progression
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.