Support Worker - Enablement Assistant
We are due to start to support a young gentleman that has mild learning disabilities.
PBS4 is a non-profit social enterprise supporting people with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour.
We are currently supporting a gentleman Jon* who is seeking Enablement Support Workers to enable him to live the life he chooses. Working on a 1:1 basis.
• The ability to engage and communicate effectively with others to provide a flexible and responsive approach
• The capacity to maintain firm boundaries, using authority legitimately whilst working pro-socially and positively with people we support
• The ability to receive, process and accurately record detailed information in writing and via online tools, sharing it with others as appropriate and within the framework of confidentiality
• A calm, assertive, confident, persistent and non-judgemental approach
• The ability to work within a structured, busy and sometimes pressured environment
• Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
• A history in forensics would be desirable but not essential to the role.
• Physically fit due to high levels of activity and walking
The role involves shift work, this will include days and sleep-ins. Day shifts range between 07:00 and 23:00 and are paid at a rate of £8.50 rising to £9:00 post probation. Sleep-ins are paid at £60/night. We provide rolling rotas so you know when you are working and can plan things around your time off.
We offer a 5 day induction and ongoing support and training. We also cover the cost of DBS.
The successful candidate for the role will have:
• Experience working in forensics in a supportive capacity
• A genuine passion for working with vulnerable people
We welcome all applications from those with relevant experience or new qualified criminology students or offender healthcare.
Experience in Learning disabilities, offender healthcare is highly desirable but not essential
PBS4 Values the importance of diversity. If you require any support with your application please contact us.
We support vulnerable adults, therefore an enhanced DBS and references are required before your employment can start.
Jon*- Name changed to protect privacy
Job Type: Full-time / Part-time / Bank
Salary: £8.50 per hour rising to £9.00 per hour after probation