Care Assistant - Nights
At Sanctuary Care we believe in providing high quality care homes where people are looked after with the utmost dignity and respect. Our strength lies in the quality of our people and we employ those who will share our mission statement ‘Keeping kindness at the heart of our care’.
Care Assistant – Nights
Wantage Nursing Home, Garston Lane, Wantage, Oxfordshire
£8.33 to £8.73 per hour (Dependent on Qualifications)
To enable a better work life balance, Sanctuary Care can now offer a variety of permanent contracts; which include 12, 18, 24, 30, 36 and up to 48 hours per week if you choose - these can include part time evenings, nights and some weekend working. All this can be discussed at interview.
Why work for us?
Our vision of keeping kindness at the heart of our care underpins the ethos of our entire organisation. We are committed to ensuring our residents, who chose Sanctuary Care to support them in their later years, are able to live happy and contented lives full of wonderful experiences and memories.
Where you’ll work
Wantage Nursing Home is located in the heart of a market town, situated in the Vale of White Horse. Our dedicated team provides nursing, dementia and palliative care to the home’s 50 residents. Click here for further information about the home.
The role of Care Assistant will include
• Delivering the highest quality of personalised care to our residents in line with their individual care plans
• Helping with all aspects of day-to-day life, as well as making sure they can enjoy leisure and social activities
• Ensuring the overall happiness and well being of our residents by getting to know them and their families and providing them with emotional support and company
Skills and experiences
• Experience is not essential, as we will support you with all the training and support you’ll need to do the job, what is important is that you are a caring, enthusiastic and self-motivated individual
• Excellent communication and team working skills are essential along with a flexible approach
• You will also be compassionate and have a real genuine empathy for older people and their needs, ensuring we treat everyone with the respect and dignity they deserve
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary Care a great place to work we offer access to a range of great employee benefits including:
• 20 days annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
• Paid breaks
• Enhanced rate of pay (dependent on qualifications)
• Refer a friend scheme with payment of up to £750 available*
• Loyalty bonus scheme
• CQC performance bonus
• Contributory pension from Sanctuary up to set limits
• Access to a free 24/7 support service providing emotional support including counselling as ?well as legal, financial and medical advice.
• Discounts on shopping, holidays, cinema, dining, days out and much more via ‘My Rewards’
* Terms and Conditions apply
To assist you in building a rewarding career in care you can look forward to excellent training and development opportunities within a friendly and supportive environment.
If you require further assistance please contact the home on. To apply please click the blue Apply button at the top of the page or please send your up to date CV and covering letter to quoting reference :42027
View the detailed Job Profile
Closing Date: 28 February 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Care Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.