Enhanced Care Practitioner
Due to an exciting new opportunity, CRG Medical Services with the support of our business partner Medteam, is seeking a resilient, passionate, Enhanced Care Practitioner to join our team of clinicians supporting Police Custody Suites within Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire.
The Enhanced Care Practitioner will be responsible for delivering and supporting clinical excellence and to continuously develop CRG Medical Services’ Healthcare Practitioners. You will also utilise effectively and efficiently all resources allocated to the contract and establish and maintain close relationships with staff at all levels, customers and other key stakeholders.
- Salary range £37k - £39k per annum following successful completion of a trial period
- Covering Cambridgeshire area
What the role involves:
- Provide key support for the Contract Lead(s) in the management of all Custody Nurses and Paramedics within the relevant contract area
- Lead by example to deliver the requirements of the forensic examination and healthcare services following the Codes of Practice of the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984.
- Deputise for the Contract Lead(s) during periods of leave
- To support, train and develop the Custody Nurses and Paramedics to ensure the highest levels of Clinical service and productivity
- Assist with the delivery of custody nurse foundation training
- To report to the Contract Lead(s) a high-level summary of Forensic Clinician’s Appraisals
- To support Contract Lead(s) with Clinical Supervision for Custody Nurses
- Develop as a Clinical Champion in supporting Custody Nurses and Paramedics
- Provide support mentorship and appraisals for Custody Nurses and Paramedics
- Ensure all custody nurses meet the required competency and compliance levels
- Develop and monitor audit systems for working practices
- Write witness statements, where appropriate, from Custody Nurse and Paramedic records where the staff member is unavailable
- To support the Contract Lead(s) with the clinical governance agenda, including maintaining compliance standards, policies and procedures, audits, incidents, complaints and plaudits, root cause analysis, LCG, training attendance and lessons learned programmes utilising Lead Forensic Physician, and HQ resources available
- Work within key National Service Frameworks to enhance the provision of healthcare in the custodial setting
- Develop links with local (Primary and Secondary Care Trusts) and national agencies to support the development of robust and clear clinical pathways for detainees and victims
- Report instances of unsafe or inappropriate working practices to the Contract Lead(s), Regional Contract Operational Manager and Head of Clinical Services
- Develop the service provided to the Client within current legal frameworks and professional constraints
- Undertake any other role appropriate to the Enhanced Nurse Practitioner role
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Lead Nurse or above
- Participate in the on-call rota
- What I need for the role:
- Registered Nurse Adult (Level 1)
- Minimum 5 years’ continuous Post Registration experience
- Experience in either Accident and Emergency, or other clinical assessment areas of Healthcare
- Experience in a custodial environment
- Excellent clinical examination skills
- Experience of working as part of a multi-disciplined team
- Previous management experience (desirable)
- Training in conducting clinical appraisals
- Current driving licence
- Professional membership
Who are CRG Medical Services?
CRG Medical Services is a leading provider of forensic medical services across the criminal justice & secure health sector including UK Police Forces and UK Border Force (UKBF), with contracts across the Merseyside, Lancashire, Dyfed Powys, Dorset, Derbyshire and the East of England.
Our highly skilled Doctors and Health Care Professionals deliver care in secure health environments including custody suites and sexual assault referral centres.
CRG is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, age, race, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity or disability.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: £37,000.00 to £39,000.00 /year