Admin Assistant / Bookkeeper (1918)
Part Time | Nottingham, NG2 7RL
Salary: £19,000-£24,000 (depending on experience, pro-rata)
Who are we?
instinct laboratory uses customer research, behavioural science and creative design to develop strategies for leading global brands. Based in West Bridgford, Nottingham, our teams travel around the world to support our clients to better understand their customer’s behaviour and how to adapt it.
What we offer:
- An outstanding, one of a kind office space - our new flagship offices, instinct house, is a fantastic place to work
- A culture based on sharing knowledge, learning and development - as we employ teams who wouldn’t normally work together (e.g. creative designers and data analysts / psychologists & development designers), we have a real focus on bringing our teams together
- A friendly and supportive team - despite our exceptional home, we’re a small team and we’re all working towards the same goals
We’re looking for an admin assistant / bookkeeper who will fit into our dynamic business and support us with a varied range of duties.
As part of our Operations Team, you’ll help to keep our business running smoothly. As well as some of the usual duties (e.g. ensuring that our stationary and cleaning supplies are stocked up, helping to book travel, organising client visits), we’re keen to find someone who is flexible and keen to be involved in different projects as they arise.
This role will include:
- Staff/Client Expenses. Our staff travel frequently to support our international clients. This role will include processing expenses, checking that spending is in line with company expectations, and supporting our operations manager to ensure that we re-charge expenses to our clients where appropriate.
- Accounts. You’ll take care of reconciling our bank accounts, processing our sales and purchase invoices to our accounts packages, preparing and submitting our VAT & EC Sales returns, generating and posting journals.
- Payroll. As part of your role you will take care of our monthly payroll processing. You’ll also provide support to ensure that all of our PAYE requirements are fulfilled.
- HR. While prior HR knowledge isn’t required, you’ll provide support in this area - managing our HR folders, checking references and working with our line managers to monitor and approve holiday requests.
We are looking for a candidate who has experience working in a similar role, with a good knowledge of VAT. Although our Operations Team is small, you’ll work with colleagues throughout the business.
It’s essential that you are confident using the following software:
Sage 50 Accounts Professional
Sage 50 Payroll
How to apply:
Applications should be submitted to via Reed.co.uk and include a CV and covering letter detailing how your experience can translate into the role we are looking to fill.