Lead Optimisation Pricing Analyst - Insurance
Interested to set up and lead a new price optimisation function with a circa £250m GWP General Insurer?
We are currently recruiting for an experienced (3-4 years minimum) insurance Street Pricing/ Optimisation Analyst to join a fast growing insurer with a focus on commercial and personal lines motor insurance.
Joining a low maturity function this is a unique opportunity to lead the Optimisation of insurance pricing across the group, so a variety of lines and distribution channels, and shape how Street Pricing is conducted.
The Group is a strongly growing, flexible, data centred general insurance group providing insurance to the UK's motor (commercial and personal lines) and home market.
The Group is looking to enhance and invest in its data-driven, disciplined underwriting and pricing capability. This role will work closely with the experienced and knowledgeable management team to drive long-term value through data-driven underwriting and pricing.
Role and responsibilities:
- Optimisation of new and renewal pricing
- Price optimisation and "money on the table" calculations
- Calculation and utilisation of lifetime value to drive critical business decisions
- Maintaining awareness of practical implications of pricing changes, and the impact and effect of various pricing decisions
- Produce insightful analyses utilising actuarial techniques, to assist the business in meeting its strategic goals
- Identify improvements to pricing structures
- Build behavioural models following investigations of customers' responses to price
- Design and build models to predict the impact of any price change to the overall business
- Research and development covering data sources, data mining and alternative modelling techniques, e.g. automated modelling techniques
- Competitor analysis and market activity, including researching and monitoring competitor pricing activity
- Monitoring of models to ensure they remain fit for purpose
- Data reconciliation with a view to ensuring data accuracy
- Demand modelling, propensity modelling, geographical modelling and spatial analysis, competitor rate modelling
- Proposing tactical/street pricing actions
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience of Radar and Radar Live (or Earnix/ similar software)
- Prior experience within a comparable marke/ street/ optimisation pricing role
- Enthusiasm to explore new tools and techniques
- Good verbal and written communication skills, able to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
Please send your CV or contact Alex Williams at Gerrard White Consulting for more details.