Technical Pricing Analyst
Technical Risk Pricing Analyst - Insurance
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Insurance pricing Analyst to join a leading insurer.
This is a great opportunity to work in the Technical/ Risk Pricing team of a successful global brand, and explore contemporary/ alternative data, tools and techniques to improve the sophistication, performance and efficiency of risk price modelling.
This Risk Pricing team within a major global general insurer aims to utilize latest software technologies and algorithms to help transform pricing. Working with both internal and open source data and there is no limit on the techniques and tools that we will use to provide insight and transform our current Risk Pricing processes.
- Work closely with wider Pricing and Underwriting teams to deliver pricing projects and new initiatives
- Develop Risk Pricing models as part of the Pricing Team to help classify risk and price more accurately
- Use machine learning and/ or other new techniques to explore data more efficiently and reduce model build time
- Answer data questions by using appropriate statistical techniques and communicate findings to stakeholders
- Explore new datasets (external/internal) which can help to price more effectively and improve model quality
- Work along with our community of analysts, actuaries and data scientists across the group to explore other methodologies/ databases which can be of interest
- Consider the impact on customers of pricing actions and act to avoid any unfair treatment
- Excellent mathematical and problem-solving skills
- Degree in a mathematics related discipline or evidence of equivalent proficiency
- Ability to grasp the significance and meaning of a range of technical and complex issues
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate technical content clearly to all levels
- An understanding of the fundamentals of general insurance pricing and underwriting and appropriate statistical techniques for multivariate modelling
- Experience in machine learning, statistical analysis and predictive modelling on large datasets using SAS, R, Python, SQL etc.
Please send your CV or contact Alex Williams at Gerrard White Consulting for more details.