Administrative Assistant DC Consulting Team Coordinator
Amazing opportunity for a motivated individual to join our DC Consulting Team and develop new and different skills.As a Team Administrative Assistant within Willis Towers Watson’s Human Capital & Benefits Consulting Line of Business, you will be making a valuable difference every day to our high-profile client organisations. In this role you will work with some of the industry’s top consultants, thought leaders and companies.
If working for a global market leader, with the support to grow and shape your career further, is something that excites you, apply today.
Provision of administrative support to a team and individual consultants, including
- Calendar management and communication; meeting preparation and support (scheduling, monitoring attendance, catering, AV setup, IT requirements, venue/event support, preparation of meeting materials and note-taking as required), effective and professional client liaison
- Project management; ownership of small to medium sized projects, liaison with client team, monitoring action schedule and production of client deliverables
- Production of client materials; create reports, letters, meeting notes, presentations in accordance with company templates, branding and housestyle, produce client-ready template material, proof reading non-technical material
- Client contracting; client research support, preparation of new work policy, obtaining all client acceptances, project acceptance documentation and relevant approvals, work with consultants to prepare statement of works and T&Cs, maintain ToE and scope files, load contracts onto relevant database, Oracle project code setup, setup on-line filing site or electronic network directories
- Billing and financial management; prepare complex client billing, budget tracking, monitoring and follow up, production and interpretation of management information reporting
- Records management; set up on-line filing sites or electronic network directories, file client materials in line with records management procedure, support and maintenance of records management database(s)
- Maintenance of client management system; ensure all new business activities are up to date and tracked to win or lose, sales credit input, add clients/prospects to client database, maintain contact information and publication lists, add proposals, activities and mailings as required, client database reporting and management, pipeline management and reporting
Other areas of responsibility might include
- Consulting support; completion of timesheets and expenses, arranging travel, proactively support consultants understand and comply with company policies, mailbox management (responding to emails on behalf of consultants or forwarding emails for action by other colleagues using initiative and with minimal intervention)
- Workflow management, including allocation of work from a client team mailbox
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Good command of English language, spelling and grammar.
- Excellent administration and organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise workload, multi-task and work to deadlines using own initiative.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work with colleagues across all levels and lines of business
- Active problem solving
- Ability and enthusiasm for learning new systems and IT packages.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent knowledge of Outlook
- Minute/note taking
Willis Towers Watson is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
Willis Towers Watson believes that effectively managing a diverse workforce is vital to our business strategy. We have an obligation to our organization, ourselves and our clients to hire and develop the best people we can find. We will continually review our policies and practices to ensure that all areas of the employment process (including recruiting, hiring, work assignments, compensation, benefits, promotions, transfers, company-sponsored development programs and overall workplace experience) are free from discriminatory practices. We are committed to equal employment opportunities at Willis Towers Watson.
Unsolicited Contact: Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson. Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer.