Finance Partner - Scientific Programme
Salary upto £55000 dependent on experience
An exciting opportunity has arisen at the Wellcome Sanger Institute for a Finance Partner to provide financial expertise and support to budget holders across Sanger's scientific programme including budgeting and financial management support.
You will provide intelligent financial reporting, strategic support and assistance to budget holders and assist non-finance professionals in developing budgets and managing their financial risk and responsibilities.
Paramount to the success of this role is the ability for you to work independently, demonstrating initiative, creative thinking and problem solving and to build strong open and transparent working relationships with a wide variety and large number of stakeholders.
Effective time management, detailed forward planning and project management ensuring that the goals of finance and key stakeholders are being met is also key to this role.
- Significant experience working in financial accounting/financial partnering/finance management
- Strategic thinking and ability to see how the work of finance fits into the broader aims of Sanger science and how the Institute delivers science at scale
- Ability to build trusted business relationships
- Ability to understand risk and make judgements based on your assessment of that risk
- Self-starter, comfortable in developing/presenting solutions
- Attention to detail, focus on getting the basic financials right first time
- Strong interpersonal skills, team working and focus on delivering benefits for internal customers
- Be comfortable challenging; and being challenged
- Ability to respond positively to constructive feedback
- Part qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Excel skills
- Advanced financial modeling skills
The Wellcome Sanger Institute is a charitably funded research centre and committed to training the next generation of genome scientists. Focused on understanding the role of genetics in health and disease we aim to provide results that can be translated into diagnostics, treatments or therapies that reduce global health burdens.
OurCampus: Set over 125 acres, the stunning and dynamic Wellcome Genome Campus brings together a diverse and exceptional scientific community, committed to delivering life-changing science with the reach, scale and imagination to pursue some of humanity's greatest challenges.
Our employees have access to a comprehensive range of benefits and facilities including:
- Group Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and Life Assurance
- Group Income Protection
- Private Health Insurance
- 25 days annual leave, increasing by one day a year to a maximum of 30
- Family friendly environment including options for flexible and part-time working, a childcare voucher scheme and Campus Nursery
- Two days paid Employee Volunteering Leave a year
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Campus Gym, tennis courts and sports hall plus a range of dining facilities
- Active Campus Sports and Social Club
- Free Campus Bus Service
Genome Research Limited is an Equal Opportunity employer. We will consider all applicants without discrimination and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Closing date: 20th January 2019