We are looking for a highly experienced Office Manager to provide holistic administrative support for this Otley based engineering company. The successful candidate will be accustomed to reviewing existing processes and be able to make recommendations for improving efficiency. The role will cover general office management, accounts, human resources duties and sales & marketing support.
- Salary £25,000-£30,000 per annum dependent on experience
- Full-time / Permanent
- Being first point of contact for all telephone calls
- Meeting and greeting visitors, ensuring that refreshments are offered
- Managing emails and collecting faxes, distributing to the appropriate department
- Sourcing and managing supplier relationships including but not limited to office equipment, stationery, IT, fire extinguishers, mobile telephones and company vehicles
- Managing filing systems and archive files both manual and online
- Producing and processing sales invoices, allocating payments
- Credit control duties and chasing outstanding payments
- Inputting, processing and allocating purchasing invoices and arranging payments
- Bank reconciliation and credit card reconciliation
- Inputting staff timesheets and sending to company accountant to process payroll
- Paying monthly wages by BACS transfer as reported by accountant
- Managing Petty Cash and reconciling
- Ensuring that all relevant data is received from new starters
- Carrying out office induction for new starters
- Checking tax status of new subcontractors with HMRC
- Sending subcontractor packs to new subcontractors
- Keeping personnel training records up to date
- Providing support to Directors and Engineers with proposals and new contracts
- Opening new quotes files and entering customer and projects details
- Opening new contracts files, pulling correspondence through from the quote
- Managing updates to the company website and any marketing collateral
- Updating and planning social media content
EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
- Previous experience in an office management role is essential
- You will have a good understanding of accounting processes
- Highly IT literate with experience of using databases and accountancy software
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Able to prioritise own work load and be flexible to adapt to work required
- Excellent communication skills and professional telephone manner
- Effective in identifying and resolving problems to improve business efficiency
- A self-starter who is willing to take ownership, is resourceful and persistent.
- Able to work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Marketing skills would be an advantage
To apply for this role, please apply with an up to date CV detailing how your experience matches the requirement of the role.
Key Appointments UK Ltd will assess your suitability for the role based on the information contained in your CV and application. This includes, skills, experience, education and location.
Unfortunately, due to the high numbers of CV`s we receive, unfortunately we are unable to respond all applications. If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of your application, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Key Appointments UK Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers.