Registered Nurse (Adult)
Days and Nights available
Beacher Hall, Reading
Right now, we're looking for an enthusiastic and committed Registered Nurse to join our exceptional team in Reading caring for the young physically disabled. At Bupa our residents are at the heart of everything we do. We are passionate about making lives better, are you?
Join the Bupa team and be the Nurse you want to be.
Working Shift patterns and salary
- Up to £16.32 per hour depending on experience
- Day Shift: 8am - 8pm (Paid breaks)
- Night Shift: 8pm - 8am (Paid breaks)
- Full time, part time and bank contracts available (minimum permanent contract is 12 hours)
What you'll be doing
- Taking responsibility for the well-being of our residents, including making sure their physical, emotional and social needs are met
- Leading, motivating and mentoring to your team and delivering clinical guidance and training to ensure the safe, smooth and efficient running of the care home
- Carrying out assessments and developing, implementing and evaluating individualised care plans for each of our residents
- Monitoring work areas and practices to ensure they are safe and conform to relevant standards, policies and legislation
- Generally promoting our residents' independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care and striving for continuous improvement
What you'll need
- A demonstrable passion for caring for the young and physically disabled and a flair for helping people maintain their independence and choice in homely surroundings
- A proven ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team, delegate effectively and promote excellent customer relationships
- A willingness to coach, guide and support your team on a daily basis, including providing formal and informal programmes of teaching to colleagues and other care professionals
- A genuine commitment to adhering to the NMC Codes of Conduct and expanding your professional development
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and belief in giving your personal best at all times
Why do Nurses choose Bupa?
- NMC annual pin payment covered*
- Staff referral bonus of up to £1000 per referral
- We cover the cost of your DBS Check (£44)
- Choose weekly hours that suit you - Full time, Part time and bank contracts available
- Child care vouchers
- Re-validation Champions
- Bupa's specially designed Nurse Pathway
- Continuous CPD and access to external scholarships and academic development
- Autonomy to practice
- Preceptorship Programme for Newly Qualified Nurses
- Accelerated Career Progression
- Access to employee health benefits and discounts
- Interest free travel ticket loans
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual National Care Home Awards
- Smile Everyday - a health and wellbeing package available to all permanent employees giving access to 24/7 health lines along with online wellbeing tools
About the home
Beacher Hall provides very specialist care for the young physically disabled and those suffering from brain injuries as a result of an accident or disease. We also care for residents with Parkinson's and multiple sclerosis - as well as the ability to offer care for younger residents with life-limiting diseases.
Who we are
Bupa Care Homes provide expert nursing, dementia, residential and specialist care throughout the UK. Our purpose is to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
Dedicated to making lives better.
Bupa is committed to an environment that will attract, retain and motivate its people. Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant, or employee, is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
*Payment will be made after completion of one year's service