Senior Support Worker
Active Assistance Group are looking for a Senior Support Worker to work as part of the Clinical team within the Hampshire region assisting and supporting on packages of complex care in the community.
This role is key to stability and growth in the region and will take direction from a clinical team of nurses. The Senior Support Worker will be called at short notice to cover where sickness has occurred or to work with new care staff that require some mentoring and development.
SENIOR SUPPORT WORKER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting with Personal Care, including skin care, bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting (including management of bladder & bowels), dressing, hair care.
- Enabling mobility, including Moving & Handling transfers, pushing wheelchair, checking of specialist equipment e.g. wheelchair seat cushion, driving of clients vehicle, as directed (if applicable).
- Dietetics, including assistance with menu planning, preparing, serving and storing of foods.
- Assist client to fulfil activities of daily living e.g. working, leisure, and education.
- Assist with medications as prescribed by medical team.
- Dealing with correspondence & financial matters as requested.
- Day to day household tasks e.g. changing beds, laundry, ironing, shopping.
- Respect for client confidentiality and discretion at all times.
- Reporting & Recording as per company procedure, including any changes to your client’s care needs.
- Commitment for identifying & fulfilling ongoing personal development within Active Assistance.
- Adhering to company policies and procedures at all times
- Observation and mentoring of Personal Assitants on shadow shift
- Completion of Observation and training records
- Covering service failure at short notice
- Assisting to start new packages alongside other team members
QUALIFICATIONS FOR POSITION
- Two years proven care experience in a work setting
- Willing to undertake Health and Social Care Diploma training if required
- Full / Clean driving licence
- Access to own car
- Awareness of maintaining professional boundaries at all times
- Independent, self-motivated and organised; with ability to work as part of the team
- Maintain a high level of personal presentation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Successful completion of our in house induction training and Clinical Skills
- Excellent time keeping
- Willing to travel
- Willing to work unsocialble hours as directed by Client needs
- Valid visa (if applicable)
- Level 2/3 Diploma in Health and Social Care / NVQ level 2/3 / BTEC level 2/3 (equivalent qualification is after 2010 only) / CACHE Level 3 Diploma in Childcare / NNEB or any other Health and Social Care equivalent qualifications
Hours of work and Benefits:
- 37.5 contracted hours per week, this will include shift cover (day and night shifts) and some weekends
- Salary - £20,000 - £21,000 dependent on qualifications
- Annual Leave - 22 days plus Bank Holidays. You will be expected to work some Bank Holidays
- Auto enrolment into Nest pension Scheme
- Company Mobile Phone
- Access to funded training
- Access to workplace wellness scheme
Active Assistance is an award-winning care provider supporting individuals with complex and continuing health care needs. Our philosophy is based on the principle that each client is unique and our services provide tailored support covering complex clinical conditions.
Active Assistance is committed to safeguarding the welfare of vulnerable adults and children. All applicants must be willing to undergo the appropriate screening. This includes checks with past employers and an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS.
Please note only successful applicants will be contacted