Health Care Assistant
Amberwood House, Ferndown
Up to £11.38 per hour, including all enhancements
Basic Pay Rate: £8.31 per hour
£1.50 p/h weekend enhancement, 75p per hour night enhancement
Enhancements for an NVQ or Diploma Level qualification in Health & Social Care are paid as follows: NVQ 2 additional 56p per hour, OR NVQ 3 additional 82p per hour
Contracts are offered as 24 or 36 hours per week (minimum) split over two or three shifts of 12 hours each. Shorter shifts (6 hours per shift) may be available.
The rota will include alternate weekends and further earning opportunities through overtime.
We would love to tell you more, call our recruitment line 01425 460955
More about the job:
As a Health Care Assistant (HCA / Carer) you will be involved in all aspects of our residents' individual, personal care and encourage residents to participate in recreational activities, supporting them to lead a dignified and fulfilling life.
Our Health Care Assistants deliver the highest standards of person centred care whilst respecting residents’ independence and choice. We will offer you training from day one and support with ongoing career development.
More about you:
You don’t need any previous experience or qualifications to be a Health Care Assistant. Much more important are your personal qualities and values. You will be friendly, kind, honest, reassuring and an effective communicator, equally comfortable to act on instructions or work on your own initiative and you'll enjoy being part of a close-knit team.
More about our benefits:
- we offer truly competitive rates of pay plus excellent enhancements
- support with professional development and diploma qualifications in Health & Social Care
- excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- you’ll be trained to the nationally recognised ‘care certificate’ standard
- we provide fantastic homely environments
- work with friendly teams and a great support network of internal professionals
- offer real career progression opportunities
- reward you for recommending others to work for Colten Care
- annual pay review
- paid breaks
- additional hours / overtime opportunities
- hot meals on duty, choose from the daily menu
- free uniforms provided
- contributory pension scheme
- background checks at no cost to you
More about us:
Colten Care is an expanding family-owned business with 20 beautifully appointed care homes across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and West Sussex. Our services include residential, general nursing, dementia and short-stay care. We are a prestigious, award-winning healthcare provider that champions the latest approaches to person-centred care. Each of our homes has a distinct character while retaining that all-important sense of ‘home.’ We play an active role in furthering dementia friendly communities as part of our work.
Our aims are simple: to be recognised as both the care home ‘provider of choice’ and ‘employer of choice.’
Note: Your employment is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory job references plus an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) background check.