Are you hard working and want to learn? If so, why not join our team?
We are currently looking for Care Assistant to complement our existing staff team - full training provided, if you have no experience in this field.
So don't hesitate to join us to unlock your potential.
Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to gain a carer that could lead to you becoming a qualified nurse in the future (we have had many cases of care assistant who have joined us and done access courses so that that they combine the experience they have gained with the qualifications we have provided).
Location : Rudyard, Near Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
You will be working alongside our current clinical team in order to make a noticeable difference to the lives of others.
Current Care Assistant Salary Range:
- No qualifications: £7.38 - £7.83 per hour (depending upon age - from April 18).
- NVQ 2: £8.50 per hour
- NVQ 3: £8.60 per hour
- Senior Care Assistant : £8.90 per hour
- Hours of Work : Full time is 14 shifts per 28 days (including 2 weekends).
- Care Assistant Night Enhancement of £1.50 per hour
- Care Assistant Weekend Day Enhancement of £1.00 per hour
- We also offer our care assistants excellent overtime opportunities: Currently paid at trime and a half.
Brief overview of the organisation:
The John Munroe Hospital Group has 71 beds and is situated in the Staffordshire Moorlands. The Group provides care for patients with challenging behaviours and enduring mental illnesses, who may also be detained under section 3 of the 1983 Mental Health Act.
*Please note John Munroe Hospital in based in Rudyard (which is a rural location) - therefore there are no direct bus routes - a taxi from Leek costs £7.00 both ways - we recommended staff share a taxi to share the cost.
In return the John Munroe Hospital Group offers the successful care assistant Applicant:
- A highly professional and motivated team
- Excellent remuneration - including attractive night shift enhancements and overtime rates
- 5.6 weeks annual leave (bank holidays are paid at double time)
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuous professional development
- Pension scheme (after qualifying period.
- Free Training Opportunities and Apprenticeships (NVQ2, 3 and the opportunity to train to become an associate nurse practitioner).
- Free uniform
- Subsidised meals.
- Staff kitchen area.
- Free parking
All care assistant appointments are subject to the following:
An enhanced DBS and two references.
Plus the John Munroe Group has a zero tolerance towards recreational drugs and use of alcohol at work.
All care assistant applicants may be subject to a drug test on commencement of employment.
Please note that this can be a physically demanding role due to the nature of the patient group and the fact that you will be trained in the Management of Actual and Potential Aggression (MAPA) method of de-escilation and physical restraint - so please take this into consideration before applying