Strategic Business Development Director
The role of Business Development Director is an exciting new opportunity in the strategic sales team, for candidates with significant experience in identifying, qualifying and driving major sales opportunities with strategic and enterprise clients in the areas of data, software and/or identity & fraud. You will bring technical, commercial and client knowledge as well as a logical approach and deep understanding of how to create compelling events to displace an incumbent competitor.
You will operate across verticals, working with proposition, product, solutions and commercial enablement teams to develop winning sales strategies and initiatives. You will work with the existing sales channels to develop sales plans, leveraging the sales plan and associated strategies with clients in order to identify and qualify potential opportunities.
This is a very diverse role. Working with the account team, the Business Development Director should be to understand the customers' needs or issues, develop a view of the proposition required to address the customer needs and develop a client-specific opportunity plan that takes account of the clients situation from a competitive positioning, enablement and timing perspective. You will be able to explain (or help sell) this proposition to the customer, assisting the account teams with stakeholder management and in closing the deal. You may on occasion provide end to end leadership on specific opportunities.
The Business Development Director needs to be proficient in understanding market dynamics, threats and opportunities, defining strategies considerate of Experian's products and capabilities, along with understanding and navigating the clients buying centre and stakeholder map.
- Lead the design of value-based proposals for complex business solutions based on a deep understanding of the client needs and a detailed understanding of Experian solution capabilities
- Understand and present all aspects of a potential solution, including software, analytics, data and consulting. Also be able to effectively explain the supporting processes such as delivery.
- Work with the vertical market heads and account teams to identify market opportunities and translate these into a sales plan that maximise the opportunity for success
- Play a leading role in bid response teams responsible for producing responses to RFP / RFI's, working closely with the bid management team and ensure a high conversion % of these bids
- Generate new ideas for propositions, improvements to product and proposition collateral and standardised business documentation
- Maintain a detailed knowledge your primary subject area, seeking to develop a broader knowledge of other product areas as well
- Focus on the customer issues addressed by Experian products and solutions and how the value delivered by them can be measured and proven
- Develop a strong understanding of client businesses, their business problems and the business and technical environments in which they operate.
- Leading win loss analysis, collating results and other insight into market evaluation. Document and circulate across the business units for continual improvement
- Ensure a continued understanding and contribution to our innovation planning/roadmap, utilising in opportunity plans as appropriate.
- Develop and implement talent management knowledge sharing, education and support
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Significant experience in a comparable or relevant Sales roles relating to data, software and/or identity & fraud
- Experience in determining and implementing strategic sales strategies
- Evidence of an ability to drive for results from a virtual team operating in a matrix environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to persuade and influence others at all levels
- Determine the appropriate product and technology strategy for one or more of our strategic initiatives and how Experian can best realise these opportunities
- Drive and covert major bids and strategic sales opportunities associated with strategic initiatives
We offer an attractive base salary, commission structure and a competitive reward package and actively encourage the expression of ideas and opinions. It's all about you developing your role and making it your own. Our business offers a breadth of learning activities and programmes so it's up to you to take the initiative and decide which skills you would like to improve or acquire.
Our diverse workforce is part of the reason for our success. We want everyone to succeed, irrespective of their gender, ethnicity, sexuality, experience, physical ability, age or thinking style. Our talent strategy reflects our commitment to searching the globe for the very best candidates so that we can innovate and deliver the needs of our increasingly diverse clients and consumers. Our progressive policies, such as flexible working hours, ensure that our employees can flourish no matter what their individual circumstance.
On top of your base salary, we offer:
- Performance related bonus scheme
- A car allowance/scheme
- 25 days' annual leave (plus the ability to purchase 5 additional days)
- Generous contributory pension
- Opportunity to buy shares with the company share-save scheme
- Life assurance
- Medical and Dental cover
- Retail discount schemes
- 3 Community involvement days per annum
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open up conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.