Part Time 20-25 hours/week Assistant Accountant
Part-Time (20-25 hrs/week) Assistant Accountant - North Derby - £20,000 FTE
Macildowie Finance is currently working on a position offering the opportunity to work for a Family run business based North of Derby. The role is Part-Time and the 20-25 hours per week can be completed over 3 or 4 days.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join the small Finance team in a varied role which supports the accounting process. This role within the team will report to the Finance Manager and assist with delivering the day to day accounting responsibilities.
The finance team will be playing an active part in leading and supporting the company in achieving its business objectives and revenue targets by providing key financial insight and control; whilst driving improvements to the operation and financial processes. This role is part of a small, close knit team and will from time to time, involve some non-finance activities.
So what is the job?
- Month end routines and KPI reporting
- Assisting with preparation of Management and Statutory accounts
- Receiving and processing of invoices and payments
- Receiving, processing and reconciling customer receipts
- Balancing cash, reconciling any discrepancies and preparing physical cash for the shop floor
- Calculating and reconciling payments
- Reconciling finance accounts and direct debits
- Collating and reconciling weekly employee hours and preparing payroll for submission to an external provider for payment
- Maintain sales and purchase ledgers and journals
What are you like?
- 2 - 3 years experience in a similar finance role
- Excellent attention to detail, accurate and diligent
- Resilience in working with manual systems
- High degree of integrity
- Ability to demonstrate working under own initiative and think things through whilst being innovative and creative
- Advanced Excel skills
- Takes personal responsibility to deliver to tight timescales with a disciplined attention to detail
Package - £20,000 Full Time Equivalent Salary (20-25 hour per week)
If you want to join an industry leading business then give Tom a call today, lets start the conversation and tell you more about this great job.
Macildowie is a specialist recruitment consultancy with a rich history of enhancing the careers of professionals across the Midlands and the Northern Home Counties. We have an unrivalled understanding of the local market place and recruit for the majority of the region's premier employers. To search for all of our live jobs please visit us at http://www.macildowie.com.
Macildowie are a recruitment business working on behalf of a client to recruit this role. Your personal data may be forwarded to that client company as part of the application process. After applying for this role you'll be sent a request for your consent to hold your data on our systems. If you would like information on how we will process your data please go to our website and view our fair processing notices which are located at the bottom of the page under privacy policies. Within the fair processing notice for Candidates there is guidance on how to amend your contact preferences or exercise your rights relating to personal data. We can't provide direct links as email address and website urls within our job adverts are removed by some of the websites on which we advertise.