Housekeeper / Domestic / Cleaner
Housekeeper / Cleaner / Domestic - Casual Cover
Avon Cliff, Bournemouth
Up to £10.45 per hour, including all enhancements
Basic Pay Rate: £8.13 per hour
£1.50 p/h weekend enhancement
Enhancements for an NVQ or Diploma Level qualification in a relevant field are paid as follows:
NVQ 2 additional 56p per hour, OR
NVQ 3 additional 82p per hour
Casual cover, no fixed shifts, between 8am - 8pm (earlys/lates), will include some weekends
More about the job:
As the housekeeper / domestic / cleaner, you will take every care to maintain a beautiful, clean and comfortable environment for the residents living in our care homes. Working as part of the housekeeping team, your duties will include cleaning both the communal areas of our homes and our resident’s private rooms (bedrooms, bathrooms) to the highest possible standards. You'll take care to follow housekeeping policies which will include the wearing of uniform and protective clothing (gloves, aprons) and an understanding of health and safety and use of chemicals and machinery.
You may also be involved in some laundry duties, assisting in the laundry room, sorting clothes and linen, loading machines and delivering clean, pressed personal effects back to the residents.
More about you:
Ideally, you’ll have previous experience in a similar role, but full on the job training will be provided.
You’ll have daily contact with residents, relatives and guests, so a warm personality and good customer care is essential. You must be self-motivated and have the enthusiasm and drive to work hard to achieve high quality results and excellent standards of cleanliness. You’ll enjoy a challenge and be prepared to ‘go the extra mile’. We are a friendly team who support each other so a good team player with a great sense of humour is a must!
More about our benefits:
- we offer truly competitive rates of pay plus excellent enhancements
- support with studies and diploma qualifications (depending on job role)
- excellent inductions, training and ‘on the job’ support
- you’ll be trained to the nationally recognised ‘care certificate’ standard
- we provide fantastic homely environments
- work with friendly teams and a great support network of internal professionals
- offer real career progression opportunities
- reward you for recommending others to work for Colten Care
- we annually review salaries and hourly pay rates
- paid breaks
- additional hours / overtime opportunities
- hot meals on duty, choose from the daily menu
- free uniforms provided
- contributory pension scheme
- background checks at no cost to you
More about us:
Colten Care is an expanding family-owned business with 20 beautifully appointed care homes across Dorset, Hampshire, Wiltshire and West Sussex. Our services include residential, general nursing, dementia and short-stay care. We are a prestigious, award-winning healthcare provider that champions the latest approaches to person-centred care. Each of our homes has a distinct character while retaining that all-important sense of ‘home.’ We play an active role in furthering dementia friendly communities as part of our work.
Our aims are simple: to be recognised as both the care home ‘provider of choice’ and ‘employer of choice.’
More contact info: Get in touch with the team on 01425 460955.
Note: Your employment is subject to the receipt of two satisfactory job references plus an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) background check.