Home-based Business Development Manager -Flexible, return to work opportunity
We are expanding our sales team. Could you be the person we’re looking for?
We’re looking for great talent who want to work flexible hours and our experience is that this can be found in Mums returning to work after time out of the workforce raising children. If that’s you, read on.
If you love selling, helping businesses achieve their growth plans and are looking for the next stage of your career progression, we offer:
- A structured training process providing you with the essential skills, knowledge and experience to take qualified leads through a series of meetings from discovery to close
- A flexible working environment with the chance for you to manage your own working hours and location
- The chance to work in an industry that is growing in double-digits and the knowledge that what you will be selling delivers clear ROI
You will participate in the entire sales cycle, from qualifying leads and presenting to them at meetings, to preparing proposal documents and sealing the deal. It will be an intense, but hugely rewarding learning process. Our standards are high and we will require your performance and ambition to match our expectations.
AWA digital is an ambitious international conversion and analytics agency with offices in three continents, and blue chip clients such as Canon, AVIS and Interflora. The company was founded in 2009 by Dan Croxen-John, a former CEO of several multi-channel businesses, who still actively manages the business.
Dan started the business in a small office on a university campus and from this point the business has grown at 37% each year, and is now one of the most established conversion agencies in the industry. Our mission is to be the world’s most influential conversion business, with software, services and training offerings.
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to help with our next stage of expansion, and to work on sales opportunities both on our database and in our extensive network of contacts. We use Hubspot as our CRM system, but also their Inbound Marketing and Sales approaches to shape the way we attract and convert leads into new clients.
About the role
You will be responsible for managing the entire sales process from initial enquiry to signature including:
- Following up on inbound enquiries, expressions of interest and sales discussions
- Qualifying leads to ascertain the problem they have, the service that they require, their position in the buying journey
- Completing RFP documents in collaboration with the wider sales and delivery teams
- Preparing for sales meetings by:
- Undertaking detailed research about the prospect and company
- Personalising sales presentations
- Formatting and proofreading final presentations
- Attending and supporting sales meetings and webex presentations with prospects with the aim to deliver these presentations independently within your first 6 months.
- Developing bespoke, high-quality proposals that meet the needs of our prospects:
- Creating first drafts for internal review and development
- Coordinating the collaboration process progressing draft documents to final documents
- Formatting and proofreading final proposals
- Liaising with Operations to determine availability of AWA resources and ensure that pricing achieves required levels of gross profit
- Maintaining momentum throughout the sales process, and effectively managing the objections of decision makers, influencers and key stakeholders
- Holding commercial discussions and partaking in sales negotiations
- Administrative responsibilities relating to the sales process and function including:
- Diary management - confirming sales meetings/calls with prospects and diarising follow up actions
- Updating AWA’s CRM system to ensure meeting notes are recorded and actions completed on time
- Co-ordinating the use of the rest of the AWA team in the sales process
- Maintaining an up-to-date Opportunity Pipeline of current opportunities with weighted probabilities
- Completing all the necessary paperwork for AWA to be a registered supplier with new client
- Comprehensively briefing Operations and Finance teams when new clients are signed
Other areas of responsibility include:
- Attending networking events along with, or in place of, our CEO
- Producing regular analysis of the performance of the sales function in terms of conversion metrics, and optimising the sales process at every key stage
- Some account management duties (but this is not a core part of the role - we’re looking for a ‘hunter’, not a ‘farmer’.)
This role has the scope to develop to include:
- Relationship management with key technology partners
- Managing our Account Based Marketing campaigns
- Using LinkedIn, the web and sales tools to identify companies and individuals who show evidence that they may require our services and using a proven approach to contact them and secure meetings
About our ideal candidate
If you like what you’ve read and have the following skills and qualities then we would love to talk to you.
- Proven sales experience - ideally consultative / solution selling in the digital space
- Adept at using the telephone and email to both build rapport and to help clients buy the right solution for them
- Using sales technology (CRM, email sequences) and in-depth research (LinkedIn, web and other sources) to create, qualify and follow-up on leads
- Outstanding communication skills and the ability to listen actively and to ask great questions
- Work collaboratively with colleagues (Marketing and Operations) to deliver proposals and pitches
- Attention to detail - from proofreading proposals to maintaining accurate prospect lists.
- A genuine interest in sales and always learning more and improving yourself
- Proactive, see opportunities where others might not and hugely driven to achieve results
- Keen to use a proven sales process and maintain detailed records
- Confident, persuasive and able to build trust quickly
- Open, warm and fun to be around
Why join us?
- Growth- You’ll be coming into a business which has expanded quickly, where there will be lots of exciting opportunities for you to develop and grow
- Support- We are committed to giving you a structured training process, with support from the CEO and mentoring from a Hubspot sales expert - as well as lots of case studies, marketing collateral and client testimonials for you to use
- Ambition- We know where we are going and we have a plan how to get there - our goal is to be the world’s most influential conversion business - and you’ll be part of achieving that
- Flexibility- One of our core values is flexibility - and depending on you that might mean working from the office, or home or in a cafe. It might mean working during school hours 5 day a week, or 3 full days.
- Outstanding people- We learn from the people around us, and we have some great individuals, who love working as part of team. We have published authors, business turnaround specialists, Oxford Maths graduates and ex-international marketing directors - all using the most advanced tools and research techniques. We regularly have all-team training from external experts; recent speakers have included Jim Sterne, Roger Dooley and Lea Pica.
- Success- We get great results and love celebrating both with our clients and as a company, whether it’s glasses of champagne after a big win or all going to an inspiring conference and and having a drink after, we believe in making work fun.
- Salary: a good basic, plus generous commission. Basic dependent on experience.
- Pension + private healthcare
- Holidays: 22 days plus 5 days per year of paid leave for community service (pro rata)
- £300 personal grant to help reduce your carbon emissions
- Full training on Hubspot, gaining recognised qualifications
What happens next?
If we like what we see on your CV and covering letter, you’ll have a telephone interview with the CEO. This interview includes a role-play exercise. Assuming we still like one another, our second meeting will be face-to-face and informal (probably a coffee somewhere in York), and then, if we are falling in love, you’ll be asked to make a 15-minute presentation at our offices to a wider group of people - and then it’s decision time!