The Account Manager’s primary role is to generate new business from private clinics and private consultant doctors in the UK. In addition, you will be promoting our services to hospitals, clinics and medical tourism agencies (facilitators) in specified international markets.
We have a well-established online and print media portfolio including leading websites such as the Private Healthcare Uk site, Harley Street, Treatment Abroad and Doctor Internet sites. In the UK, you will be specifically responsible for selling to clinics and individual consultant doctors, and for international clients, you will be dealing with marketing executives in leading clinics and healthcare institutions. The products you will be selling include:
- Featured profiles
- Banner advertising
- Sponsorship of content and guides
- Lead generation services (whereby enquiries for services and treatments are forwarded to providers who pay a rate per enquiry, e.g. via https://lp.privatehealth.co.uk/gaq/quote.php)
The emphasis will be on generating new business as well as taking on a number of established accounts both in the UK and overseas where the focus is on renewals.
The role requires a sales professional who is at ease dealing with private consultants and specialists and, for the international work, has the patience and tenacity to deal with executives whose first language is not English. Advertising sales experience is not essential, but sales experience definitely is and new business generation is key. Knowledge of the healthcare sector will be an advantage.
Although a great deal of communication will be telephone and email based, you must be available to attend face to face meetings with potential clients in the London area and further afield (though you will not be expected to visit overseas clients). You will also be required to attend occasional events in London that are relevant to your portfolio of work, including our Private Practice Masterclasses, our Private Healthcare Summit and our Private Acute Healthcare Conference and external events that attract private consultants and clinics. In addition, you may be required to attend occasional international medical tourism events, including the IMTJ Medical Travel Summit.
Reporting to our Account Manager for the Healthcare Sector, your key responsibilities will be:
- Making a high volume of sales calls to your target clients.
- Maximising revenue from your client base by attracting new clients as well as ensuring you retain and increase revenues from existing clients.
- Setting up and attending meetings with current and target clients in the UK.
- Representing LaingBuisson and the brands you are promoting at conferences so that the brands are understood and promoted at a high level.
- Meeting pre-defined sales targets for new clients and renewals on a monthly and annual basis.
- Supporting our wider account management team by cross-selling as appropriate and developing new business leads and clients for our marketing activity.
- Recording activity on our CRM throughout the progression of the entire sales cycle.
- Reporting relevant feedback on sales prospects, progress on special projects and customer feedback to the CEO and individual departments.
- Effectively collaborating with internal departments to deliver a strategic sales approach that increases sales performance and enhances customer experience.
- Trouble shooting and rectifying any queries or complications that clients may have and maintaining an outstanding working relationship with all clients.
Key skills and personal attributes
The ideal candidate will have:
- A superb telephone manner and the patience to deal with busy private consultants
- A consultative selling approach both over the phone and face to face
- Excellent relationship building and account management skills
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to multi-task and juggle priorities.
In addition, you will be:
- Ambitious, well-presented, articulate and highly-motivated to generate new business
- Able to identify opportunities and creatively match services to the needs of the client and build on these ideas
- Comfortable in face to face environments and selling the portfolio to senior clinicians
- Computer and digitally literate