Deputy Service Manager
We are currently recruiting a Deputy Manager to join a service in the Harrogate area (North Yorkshire). This is a service that supports people with learning disabilities, physical disabilities and varying degrees of complex health needs and challenging behaviours. You will be expected to support clients to meet their health needs (inc. medication) and support needs (inc. personal care, activities of daily living, community participation) working in a person-centred way.
You will build professional relationships with families, carers and other professionals. You will be responsible for completing relevant documentation, writing care plans, risk assessments and support plans, leading the shift and completing tasks appropriate on that shift, reporting maintenance issues and daily upkeep of the building, money management, referrals to appropriate agencies and dealing with concerns, complaints and compliments.
You will work alongside the Manager, managing the team to assist with the efficient day to day running of the service, ensuring person centred support is provided to the clients. Full support and training will be provided.
This is a rewarding job and you will need to be motivated, organised and have:
- experience of working in a care/support setting
- excellent interpersonal skills
- the ability to remain calm under pressure
- basic IT skills
- a full driving licence
- The flexibility to work weekends, evening and nights where required
- Health and Social Care level 3 or be willing to work towards it
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to take their first steps in to management.
The succesful applicant will be rewarded with a great benefits package including:
- Flexi-time working scheme
- Minimum of 20 days annual leave (pro rata for part time hours) rising annually to a maximum of 25 days
- Benefits scheme – Hundreds of discounts at major retailers like Sainsbury’s and Boots
- Employee Assistance Programme – including free counselling sessions & support
- Group Personal Pension Scheme