Japanese Speaking Team Coordinator
Our client is a dynamic, forward-thinking firm and one of the fastest growing IP practices in the UK. The firm has a friendly, progressive and mutually supportive working environment along with a smart casual dress policy and stylish modern offices.
This role is designed to support the IP services team in growing the Japanese client base. This person uses their Japanese language skills and their knowledge of the local Japanese market to work closely with those clients.
In addition there is a significant role in developing and coordinating our marketing and business development initiatives focused on the Japanese market, working alongside the fee earners who comprise the Japan Team at EIP.
Japanese Speaking Coordination Duties
- Responsibility for data entry onto the CRM record system of Japanese business contacts which we use for managing our prospects, potential new clients, and existing clients' information
- This will require an efficient, accurate and consistent approach to handling a large amount of data
- Updating the CRM database with any notes from meetings or calls conducted by fee earners in the Japanese team
- Research and liaison with Japanese businesses in preparation for business development trips
- Ensuring Fee Earners are well prepared for business development trips to Japan
- Identifying potential new business leads in Japan
- Developing and maintaining the Japanese language version of the company website
- Advising internally on Japanese business and culture, especially relating to firms involved in Intellectual Property and/or innovation
- Dealing with incoming Japanese communication and responding on behalf of the Fee Earners in English or Japanese as necessary
- Coordinating Japanese language communication with clients, including translating between English and Japanese where necessary
- Preparing correspondence with accuracy and minimal supervision
- Demonstrating strong organisational skills acting on own initiative, highlighting issues and suggesting possible solutions
- Taking ownership of enquiries, resolving or escalating as appropriate
- Organising and prioritising workload
- Keeping a level-headed approach in a busy working environment
- Demonstrating a client orientated approach (client focused both internally & externally)
- Demonstrating good diary management (i.e. arranges meetings, conference calls, etc...)
- Carrying out background research and presents findings
- Demonstrating an ability to be self-motivated and work autonomously.
Between 20 - 23 days holiday (pro rata) with bank holidays in addition. Employees accrue an additional day of annual leave for each completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days.
After successful completion of probationary period:
- Company bonus scheme.
- Pension -
- BUPA (single cover but the option to add family members)
- Employee Assistance Programme - offering confidential online and telephone support, and access to counselling and financial and legal advice.
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity entitlements
- Season Ticket Loan (if required)
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free eye tests
- Fresh fruit, filtered water and Nespresso machines provided free of charge in the offices
- Free Wifi on site at all EIP offices.