Our Client in Sittingbourne is looking for someone who can provide a full range of administrative and support services, ranging from moderate to complex. The Ideal candidate will:-
- Assist others within the department to ensure efficient and effective administrative practice whilst resolving all queries related to the work of the department.
- Intercept and screen telephone calls, emails and written correspondence, dealing with, or redirecting enquiries as necessary.
- Arranging, attending or representing your team/supervisor at meetings, including preparing papers, booking rooms and refreshments, taking notes, and drafting minutes.
- Booking appointments, updating calendars and arranging travel and accommodation as required.
- Liaison with members of staff in other departments and external contacts / customers, in relation to the team/department’s area of work.
- Develop and maintain administrative and office systems, databases and spreadsheets, as required.
- Provide guidance and interpretation on relevant policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Assist and in some cases lead on the implementation of continuous improvement of business and administrative processes relevant to the working area.
- Order and maintain stationary and equipment supplies, ensuring purchase orders are raised in accordance with procedures, and other financial systems are updated where required.
- Deal with petty cash and/or other small amounts of income as required.
- Provide project support to the team and to lead on administrative projects as required.
- No role profile can cover every issue which may arise within the post at various times and the post holder is expected to carry out other duties from time to time, which are broadly consistent with those described.
The ideal candidate should also be able to display -
- Sufficient knowledge of functional area(s) or related professional field, where the exercise of judgment is limited to applying applicable policies, procedures, regulations Computer skills sufficient to operate on-line system and complex software or develop formulas for moderately sophisticated spreadsheets.
- Ability to use a variety of software packages to produce correspondence and documents, and maintain presentations, spreadsheets and databases;
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to interpret and apply policies and procedures and to resolve problems, and to present a professional approach to all customers and stakeholders.
Travel between sites will be a requirement for this role, occasionally there may be a requirement to attend meetings and other activities outside of normal working hours.