Junior Travel Insurance Adviser
Our Client is looking for a Travel Insurance Adviser to join their team based in Bromley.
- General policy administration.
- Fielding calls from new and existing clients.
- Renewals and invites of policies and chase up required, tasking up yourself or handler that it relates to.
- Overseeing other handler’s diary dealing as trained and required.
- Understanding the policy types
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take instruction from new clients, ensuring cover commences at the correct time, all relevant paperwork is complete, premium is collected, and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Take instruction from existing customers in respect of alterations to existing policies, ensuring insurers are notified and records updated, the records are both manual at present and scanned on to the Insurance system. If there is a cost to the adjustment, then payment needs to be collected or the finance provider to be notified of this at the time of agreement.
- Offer renewal at least 21 days before the inception date of existing client’s policies with existing insurer or transfer to new insurer as appropriate. Ensure that relevant paperwork is completed premium is collected with the time constraints and relevant records and diary entries are created.
- Check thoroughly all client documentation before despatch, ensuring queries are raised and amendments complete.
- Control your own diary system, ensuring all items are followed up by the due dates, particularly in relation to outstanding documentation from clients or insurers, premium payments and cover notes needed. You need to diary up any chasing or further changes that are required to fulfil the clients change.
- Assist customers with enquiries relating to claims, either by direct involvement with insurer concerned if appropriate or providing contact names and telephone numbers for customers own direct contact.
- Provide back up to the relevant colleagues in performing the daily and operational routines of the company’s computer system.
- Treasury sanction search procedures and money laundering legislation, familiarising yourself with the company procedure as to reporting suspected clients or failure within the company.
- Any general duties that may be required by your manager in accordance with the nature of this job.
The job requires knowledge of:
- FCA Regulations for dealing with consumers.
- Range of Personal Lines products offered by the Company and the handling procedures for each of them.
- The Data Protection Act.
- The Company's Complaints Procedure.
- Full training will be provided if required.
This job is office based with working hours 9.00 to 5.30 Monday to Friday.
NB: This job description may be amended as the Company develops and in conjunction with the post holder.
Renato Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency for this full time permanent role.