Legal Secretary - Claimaint Personal Injury Department
Lyons Davidson is a national law practice of around 900 employees operating from offices in Bristol, Solihull, Leeds, New Malden and Cardiff, and our associated practice in Edinburgh, Lyons Davidson Scotland LLP. We also have employees based in our onsite client offices in Folkestone and Whitstable.
We are a full service legal Company committed to delivering high-quality professional services in a cost-effective and approachable manner to institutions, businesses and individuals.
We are looking for a Legal Secretary to support our Claimant Personal Injury team based in Bristol. The role will involve providing secretarial support to several Senior Solicitors/Case Handlers in the team.
- Accurately typing correspondence and documents (audio typing);
- Arranging meetings and appointments with clients on the phone;
- Receiving phone calls from clients, solicitors, experts etc;
- General administration and file management including archiving and preparing trial bundles;
- Opening and closing files;
- Use of the internal case management system.
- Excellent touch typing skills and experience of audio typing;
- A team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Professional telephone manner;
- Experience of working under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- IT literate and good knowledge of Word and Excel;
- Secretarial qualifications are preferable but not essential;
- Experience of working as a legal secretary within personal injury is preferable;
Why Join us?
With Investors in People accreditation since 1998, we positively encourage our staff to progress and develop within the Company. We recognise that our continued growth and success is the direct result of our staff’s contribution.
Our wide range of benefits include a generous holiday entitlement, flexible benefits (including pension, childcare vouchers, bikes for work and health screening), bonus scheme and development opportunities. We have an active social committee and support various charities/fundraising events across the UK.
Lyons Davidson prides itself on being an equal opportunities employer, and is committed to and realises the benefits of having a diverse workforce.
This role is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act. Please note that any offer of employment is subject to a satisfactory credit check and basic criminal record check. This information will only be used to assess suitability for employment insofar as it is relevant.