Your new role
We currently have a new opportunity for a Senior Administrator to join our team in Bedford on an 18 month FTC. This role will entail supporting the Project Manager's with maintaining and monitoring the project engagement plan, overseeing the risk and issues register and providing generic admin support to the wider teams.
What you'll be leading on
* Supporting the management of risks and issues at a programme level through coordination of regional input to the centrally held registers.
* Identification, recording and communication of lessons learned in conjunction with the National Rollout and National Project Management Office teams.
* Provision of local business support activities.
* Support to the various work streams to ensure events and large meetings are efficiently coordinated.
* Ensuring local record keeping is in accordance with Highways England policy and requirements
To be successful
* Ideally would have specific knowledge in areas such as document management, risk logging, identification of lessons and typical business IT systems
* Experience of the successful delivery of complex projects or change programmes
* Extremely organised and able to prioritise workload
* Ability to work collaboratively with individuals both internal to Highways England and within the supply chain
* Good networking and communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Able to make decisions and progress tasks even in uncertain situations
A bit about us
Making sure our customers have safe and reliable journeys is at the heart of everything we do in Operations. We keep the roads open for business and play a key role in making sure the network we manage is fit for purpose today and for the future.
Want to know more?
Take a look at the role profile here!
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.