Head of Mumsnet Work
Mumsnet is looking looking for a business development expert and people specialist to lead our growing Work team.
Here's the challenge we face: women who’ve taken a career break struggle to get back into the workforce at the same level as they left and even women who remain in work struggle to get jobs with the flexibility they need. At the same time, employers face skills shortages, recruitment is broken and gender pay gaps aren’t closing fast enough.
We have some ideas on how to fix these problems - but we need someone to come on board with both a can-do attitude and strategic mindset to not only tackle these issues, but get ahead of what comes next. You will help us drive our business forward both commercially and with purpose. You will help us change the world of work.
We already run a successful jobs board and we now want to help our clients further as they look to recruit an untapped talent pool on a flexible basis. We are looking for the right candidate to run our Mumsnet Work team (currently 4 people) and develop our proposition in this space.
This role has high growth potential. We see this area (work, jobs, recruitment) as critical in helping us achieve our mission of making parents’ lives easier and we are looking for a People specialist with experience in the industry to help inform, and then execute, our strategy.
What you'll do
- Lead and manage the Mumsnet Work team to ensure that revenue and profit targets are met
- Keep up-to-date with market trends and develop strategic responses
- Strategise, develop and bring to market a range of products designed to meet the needs of users and clients
- Build relationships with, and pitch products to, senior leaders in Talent, People and HR functions
- Grow the Mumsnet Work team as the business develops
What we're looking for
- Ideally you’ll have experience in a People/Talent/HR environment
- You’ll have passion for the subject area - and relish the opportunity to keep up to date with the latest research, attend relevant events, and network with key players
- You’ll be someone with deep listening skills and high levels of emotional intelligence.
- You’ll have strong attention to detail and the ability to both start and finish projects with a high degree of autonomy
- You’ll have strong influencing and communication skills and an excellent presentation style
This role is envisaged as full-time and based in our Kentish Town offices, however we're happy to consider flexible working options for the right candidate.
Who we are
Mumsnet is the UK’s biggest website for parents, and our purpose is to make their lives easier. We’ve got some of the busiest forums in Europe, with over 14m monthly uniques. Our users offer each other advice and support 24/7 (and there’s more articles, bloggers, videos, events and campaigns than you can shake a rattle at). We want to be indispensable to parents, and a great place to work.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality.
We don't just want to hire the best people: we want to retain them.
If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy: http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that outlines your suitability for the role and your awareness of Mumsnet.
Deadline for applications is 17th February 2019. We'll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them so don't delay!