Senior Client Planning and Delivery Manager
Mumsnet is on the look-out for a digital marketer to join its Client Planning and Delivery team. This is a client-facing account management role, working alongside sales and platform specialist teams to develop and deliver cross-channel campaign strategies. You will manage a number of high-profile integrated campaigns for clients, understanding their objectives and translating them to marketing strategies across content, display, email, social and native.
You need to be diplomatic and a great communicator; you’ll be managing important relationships with key internal and external stakeholders. You’ll also be incredibly organised – you’re probably the sort of person who loves a spreadsheet and uses (or is interested in learning) tools like Trello and Slack. You need to be creative, analytical and proactive.
Curious by nature, you will naturally keep up to date with the wider creative, marketing and media landscape to inform your work as you develop best-in-class campaigns.
What you’ll be doing
- Understanding client objectives and KPIs and how these can be achieved using the Mumsnet channels
- Advising on and shaping campaign proposals across channels, including Mumsnet and social media, based on previous campaigns and insights derived from data analysis.
- Ensuring proposals are fit for purpose
- Creating media schedules that align with proposals, that include forecasts against agreed KPIs, material specs and asset deadlines
- Communicating directly and closely with clients and agencies
- Working with Mumsnet channel specialists (native content, email, social, paid media and others) to ensure campaigns are set up successfully and maximise performance for clients
- Organising paid social promotion for your client’s campaigns, identifying the audience, post format and paid strategy that will achieve the objective
- Campaign reporting, including maintaining weekly pacing dashboards and full PCA documents at campaign end
- Ensuring campaigns are performing to plan and escalating issues as soon as they arise
What we’re looking for
- The ability to work autonomously and to tight, fast-paced schedules
- Excellent client-servicing and interpersonal skills
- The ability to implement and manage flawless digital marketing strategies against a variety of objectives
- Experienced in social media amplification
- The ability to think strategically about a client’s challenge or problem
- Curiosity, and an interest in using data analysis and analytics platforms to unearth learnings and recommendations
- Experience of working in integrated agencies would be a plus
- We envisage this role as full-time, based in our Kentish Town offices, but we are very happy to consider flexible working options for the right candidate.
Why work for us?
We’ve grown steadily and sustainably over the last 18-odd years and we’ve got every intention of carrying on. We’re building a high-performance, collaborative and agile work environment. We believe that mistakes are human, but learning is divine. We put purpose before profits, we’re committed to diversity and equality, and our computers - metaphorically speaking - say 'YES'. We don't only want to hire the best people: we want to retain them. If you need some flexibility, let us know and we’ll do our best. View our equality and diversity policy: http://www.mumsnet.com/info/diversity-and-equality-policy. We are also proud to be a London Living Wage employer.
We host sandwich lunches, staff parties and knowledge sessions; we have a choir, a book club and a football team; and we have our own yoga studio while remaining tolerant of the Lycra-averse. Working for Mumsnet means never having to pretend you don’t have a family (or other commitments) and we promise never to keep you away from the school sports day.
Where we are
We’re based in sunny Kentish Town, where you’re never more than 500 metres away from a sourdough pizza and an elaborately refurbished pub.
Want to know more?
Introducing Mumsnet: Our Culture - our new guide to what it's like to work at Mumsnet. Read about our mission, our vision, our values and the behaviours we expect of the people who work at Mumsnet.
View Mumsnet: Our Culture: https://www.slideshare.net/Mumsnet/mumsnet-our-cul...
If all of this sounds good to you, please apply with your CV and a covering letter that demonstrates some of the qualities we’re looking for.
Deadline for applications is 23 February 2019, but we’ll be calling the best candidates for interview as soon as we spot them, so don’t delay in applying!