Membership & Retail Manager
We are now looking for a gifted Membership & Retail Manager to invigorate and develop our teams to continue to beat targets, grow our commercial operations and lead the team to offer a fantastic visitor welcome.
What it's like to work here
You’ll be working in the White Peak in the south of the Peak District National Park. You’ll be based at Ilam Park with stunning views over Thorpe Cloud and Bunster Hill. You will also cover Dovedale, a steep sided limestone valley famous for its stepping stones across the River Dove.
What you'll be doing
You'll provide a warm and inspirational welcome to our visitors and promote our charitable cause. You'll work with the wider team to engage with visitors to achieve stretching property membership and fundraising targets.
You'll lead our retail operations at Ilam Park and in Dovedale so that we are commercially successful and consistently exceed visitor expectations, as well being involved in local buying. You'll also ensure the operation and merchandise is an integral part of the visitor experience and reflects the property’s spirit of place. You'll work with the Retail Supervisor and Retail Team to ensure the weekly banking reconciliations are completed as well the ordering and management of retail stock using an online system.
You’ll work alongside our property team to help develop and improve our visitor welcome, membership and retail offer through involvement in our Inspirational Ilam project.
Who we're looking for
To deliver this role successfully, you’ll need to have/be;
- A real people person who loves to engage face to face with visitors and promote our charitable cause
- Happy to work in an outdoor environment to welcome our visitors on arrival
- Good financial acumen to maximise income and control costs
- The ability and experience of delivering high standards of customer care
- Knowledge of retail best practice including selling and merchandising skills, stock control and effective space management
- Able to identify opportunities to develop the retail offer
- A strong team player and have some supervisory, coaching and training experience
- Results focused and a proven self-motivator
- Competent IT skills, previous experience with centralised systems
- Some marketing experience, including website management and social media
- Experience planning and delivering inspirational engagement activities
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety procedures
Benefits include flexible working whenever possible plus free parking at most locations. You’ll be entitled to discounts in high street stores and cinemas, National Trust shops and NT cafes, and have free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18).
Your health and wellbeing is important to us and is supported through generous annual leave and the option to buy additional days (minimum contract length applies), a cycle to work scheme, subsidised health cash plan and confidential access to a free support service 24 hours a day should you need it.
Your future financial health is helped by an employer matched - up to 10% of basic salary - contributory pension scheme and you can further your career with training and development tailored to you.
All of this and the opportunity to give something back to your community with up to 5 days of paid volunteering per year!