Sales Ledger Clerk
A new opportunity has become available for a Sales Ledger Clerk to work for a rapidly expanding spare parts company in Brownhills. The family run business offer the opportunity to gain experience in busy accounts department working on key tasks such as sales ledger maintenance, processing customer payments, reconciliation of sales ledger cash-book to bank statements and generating sales ledger reports as required. Benefits include free onsite parking, pension and a warm and friendly working environment with support, guidance and training.
THE JOB ROLE
- accurately maintaining sales ledger data including customer records;
- processing new credit account requests;
- processing inbound customer payments and allocating to correct account;
- preparing and sending out invoices to agreed deadlines;
- preparing and sending out customer statements to agreed deadlines;
- processing month end accounting procedures, checking all work for accuracy;
- reconciling accounts and resolving all queries in respect of sales ledger transactions;
- responding to and resolving all other enquiries in a timely manner;
- using company IT systems effectively to record all contacts with customers and accurately maintain company records;
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- At least 2 years experience of sales ledger working as part of a busy accounts team.
- Experience working on Orderwise would be advantageous but not essential
- Ability to build strong working relationships both internally and externally and demonstrate excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must be computer literate and have excellent keyboard and data entry skills and ability to adapt to new procedures and more effective ways of working.