Personal Lines Underwriter
About the Role
**PLEASE NOTE this vacancy will be based in Croydon, however it will require regular travel to our Brentwood office**
Are you an experienced Underwriter looking for a new challenge or career opportunity? Would you like to strengthen your skills in a well- established team and get more exposure the technical side of underwriting? LV= Croydon is currently seeking Personal Lines Underwriter to manage the development, profitability and distribution of one personal lines product through the broker channel.About You
In this role you will have day to day exposure to a variety of BAU activities as well as team projects where your previous underwriting experience will be essential. We would also like you to take ownership of certain elements of this role and therefore need you to be fully conversant with all aspects of dealing through Insurance Brokers. As LV= is a forward thinking business, we would like you to be able to demonstrate strong commercial approach- looking for recognition from bottom results.
In addition to the above, you will also ideally have
· Knowledge of relevant main Broker software houses and their computer systems
· Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
· Insurance Qualifications desirable but not compulsory
This is a varied role where you will have day to day exposure to MI analysis to review incoming business to ensure quality and portfolio mix and make recommendations to enhance or develop the business. In addition, you will take responsibility for active review of sales process for the product and, as we put the customer at the heart of everything we do, enhance the customer journey. With that, you will have the opportunity to review product and competitor features and identify commercial opportunities for product development.
Your BAU activities will include but will not be limited to
- Handling complex technical Underwriting queries from various areas of the business and externally.
- Dealing with complex claims department queries on policy coverage
- Facilitating referrals from Group Financial Crime department on new business or claims that fails Claims and Underwriting Exchange or other validity tests, with the Brokers
- Ensuring all regulatory requirements are met and keeping up to date with all Industry regulation
- Looking at certain processes to ensure we are Compliant in all that we do
- Ensuring all policy documentation is up to date and compliant
- Review and change UW rules to fit in line with our product footprint.
About the Rewards
This role is a Band B in the LV= Structure. We want you to love what you do that’s why we’ve put together a benefits package that recognises and rewards a job well done.
We’ll give you:
- 26 days' holiday - which increases after two years’ service to 28 days
- a competitive pension for which LV= will pay twice the amount you pay, up to 14%
- an annual bonus scheme based on company and personal performance
- a flexible benefits package (e.g. discounted retail vouchers, great value dental insurance, childcare vouchers)
- a generous 25% discount off our general insurance products including home, pet and travel. Up to 50% discount on your car insurance and up to 20% discount from our life products.
Here at LV= we always love to hear from great people, so don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and become a fan on Facebook. We’re also proud to say we’re an equal opportunities employer. Why not follow us on Glassdoor and take the opportunity to see real reviews of what it’s like to work here.