Registered Manager for Children's Residential Service; Therapeutic Practise, Child Development, Psychology
How important is your personal growth and development to you?
Have you got experience in a managerial position within a specialist children's setting and service?
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact on a service in this sector and to know your vision, views and opinions matter?
Would you like to work with an independent and personable organisation who will recognise your contributions and reflect this through a competitive salary?
If all of the above resonate with you then this is the job for you!!
Your new company
We are currently recruiting for a Children's Registered Manager for a mixed sexed service providing care and support to 5 children within the Brighton and Hove area.
Your new company is an exciting Specialist Children's Service in the Brighton and Hove area. They pride themselves on the therapeutic care provided as well as child development and independence. They are looking for a passionate individual to come into the Registered Manager position in the New Year.
Your new role
- To meet the needs of and promote the development of the children.
- Establish and monitor high quality standards of care in line with the Children's Homes regulations
- Work in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and young people
- Have experience and knowledge of the OFSTED inspection framework
- Develop a confident, competent and consistent staff team and provide leadership and guidance
- Be involved in the recruitment and retention of staff
- To ensure staff are adequately trained, supported and supervised
- To promote the efficient and effective operation of the home
- To contribute to the development and growth of the company
What you'll need to succeed
- The desire to make a difference in the sector
- An ability to work autonomously with diligence, consistency and cheer
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- A passion and energy for delivering quality care
- Strong leadership qualities and a desire to lead by example
- The skills to deal effectively with crises and emergencies
- You will have achieved or be working towards achieving the Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Residential Childcare (or equivalent)
- You will ideally also have undertaken some learning and study in a relevant subject such as Child Development, Adolescents and Youth Studies, Psychology, Therapeutic Practice / Psychodynamic Theory, Understanding Trauma, and/or Group work
- A current full and clean driving licence is desirable but not essential
What you'll get in return
A competitive annual salary will be offered for a full time (40 hours per week) and permanent role. A generous rewards package will also be offered to successful candidates. We will conduct enhanced disclosure checks through the DBS for this role and we will cover this cost. This opportunity is subject to receipt of acceptable references.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.