Internal Sales/Business Development
Cotswold Outdoor, Waterstones, Amazon and Stanfords are among our major accounts and with over 1,000 trade accounts and 30 new titles every month the INTERNAL SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT person will join our small team and ensure the right customers get the right titles. To do this you’ll need to be thoroughly organised, persistent and enthusiastic, and comfortable working with both data and people. This is primarily an office based role and duties include;
- Maintaining and developing existing customer relationships via phone, email and meetings.
- Update repping agency with new titles and book publicity.
- Trade marketing
- Updating e-tailers with product information and electronic data.
- Selling new titles to existing customers with particular focus on the independent book trade.
- Upkeep of bibliographic data
- Accountability to Directors for sales results
- Preparation of sales and marketing action plans in conjunction with company Director/s.
With natural enthusiasm and an aptitude for developing customer relationships, the ideal INTERNAL SALES/BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT person will have the following skills and experience
- A proven record in sales
- A professional manner and a flair for developing customer based relationships
- Ability to interpret sales data from our customer database.
- Accurate database management
- Word and Excel proficiency
In addition the successful person will;
- Be driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on customer service and business profit.
- Be a natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance.
- An interest in outdoor activities is advantageous but not essential
- A history within the booktrade/gift sector would also be an advantage.
Contract: Permanent upon successful completion of a probationary period
Holiday: 22 days holiday plus statutory days per annum
Hours: 37.5 per week (8:30 -4:30)
Strictly no Agencies