Quality Assurance Manager
Passionate about Beauty and Health? Want to be part of an innovative, trend setting retailer? Our vibrant Head Office, based by East Croydon station is a fantastic environment filled with hundreds of brilliant personalities.
We’re a team that puts our customers and our teams at the heart of everything we do. At Superdrug, we aim to be the best in accessible health & beauty, loved by our customers for value, choice, friendly advice, service and fun.
Our success comes from our people – they make the difference. We’re all about personality, we have fun, and we work hard to deliver That Superdrug feeling.
You will manage Own Brand product development, quality and supplier base across various assigned categories by working closely with commercial, design and supply chain colleagues.
Deliver the agreed NPD plans by providing technical expertise throughout the new product development process and ensure pre and post launch product compliance and supplier compliance with both ASW Guidelines and existing regulatory requirements.
Here's the exciting bit…a great day includes
- Develop Own Brand product ranges with the commercial team; setting out the technical and corporate social responsibility requirements.
- Ensure all suppliers comply with and maintain compliance with ASW requirements.
- Deliver the technical elements of the New Product Development process and ensure ongoing product and supplier compliance with ASW guidelines and relevant legal requirements.
- Manage quality process within category, including for example product, packaging and pack claims. Ensure pack claims made can be substantiated; and quality issues are resolved with suppliers and other relevant departments.
- Deliver the technical aspects of all critical paths to budget/cost and within set timescales.
- Technical Expert – be an expert source of technical information, standards and legal requirements within assigned categories
- Regularly review and benchmark Own Brand products, with key competitors to ensure comparable quality is maintained.
- Investigate customer complaints with suppliers, analyse trends from customer complaints or compliments and communicate accordingly to improve quality and performance of product.
- Develop build and maintain effective working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Continually keep up to date with standards, legal requirements and technical innovation.
- Undertake store and supplier visits
Own Brand team, Commercial team, Store operations, Customer relations, Legal, ASW Group Technical
Suppliers, Test houses, Industry Experts, Fragrance houses, Raw material suppliers.
What you’ll need to succeed
- Must have a degree or equivalent in Cosmetic Science
- Sound knowledge in Cosmetics & Toiletries or Healthcare formulations and packaging technology
- Proven experience working in fast paced commercial environment
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work to deadline and prioritise workload
- Able to work on own initiative and problem solve
- Team player
This role requires a strong mix of technical knowledge, organisational skills, and the ability to work with a wide range of stakeholders. Also required, is the ability to balance the need for compliance and diligence with the commercial need for development at pace.
Here’s what’s in it for you
· Generous salary, bonus and pension matching
· 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays rising to 30 days with length of service
· Working in a stylish, modern and collaborative Office
· 2 staff discount cards for yourself and a family member or friend
· Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare vouchers
· On-site beauty treatments and canteen, table tennis and Health & Beauty giveaways
· Unrivalled Learning and Development programmes
Come and be part of something special.
QA, Quality Assurance, Product Technology, Cosmetic Science, Packaging