If you’re looking for an introduction to office based career in international freight forwarding, then look no further!
We are currently looking for a Transport Administrator to join our team in Bradford on a full time, permanent basis. In return you will receive a competitive salary.
Here at Advanced Supply Chain we are a forward thinking and dynamic logistics business with an enviable reputation for growth, customer service and innovation. We operate from multiple UK & International locations and supply our customers with end to end supply chain solutions including freight forwarding, contract logistics, value added services and UK distribution.
As our Transport Administrator you will be based in Advanced Forwarding, reporting directly to the Operations Manager. This administration role will be multi-functional, working closely and supporting all departments within Advanced Forwarding and would suit an individual looking for an introduction to office based career in international freight forwarding.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities of our Transport Administrator:
- Daily checking and reviewing deliveries booked
- Liaising with Key Account Managers on booked deliveries
- Taking ownership of the Advanced Forwarding delivery monitoring and producing KPI reports
- Monitoring cargo arrival information and updating internal operating system accordingly
- Managing the processing of deliveries in line with an agreed standard operating procedure
- Communicating with customers and/or their warehouse about delivery issues
- Working in conjunction with accounts department and querying any invoices with suppliers
- Actively looking for innovative transport solutions to maximise revenue
- Keeping yourself informed and updated on any changes within the current marketplace
- Making occasional visits to allocated customers as part of a review process or in response to a request
- Actively participating in the internal communication and briefing process
- You will also undertake any other duties assigned
To become our Transport Administrator you must have the following attributes, skills and experience:
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Confident communicator with a polite telephone manner
- Ability to work alone and as part of a team
- Attention to detail is essential
- Proactive in your approach to assigned tasks
- You must be able to adapt and excel within a high pressured, fast moving environment
If you think you are the right candidate for our Transport Administrator role then please click 'apply’ today - don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!