Quality Assurance Consultant
Job Title: Quality Assurance Consultant
Industry: Financial Services
Salary: up to £40,000
This company is seeking a Quality Assurance Consultant to help their Operations team. It's a dynamic role that requires you to use your problem-solving skills daily. You'll be supporting the wider team by undertaking all aspects of the firms quality assurance programme. This role requires an analytical and diligent approach to ensure the firms Compliance systems & controls and to complement the firms Training and Competence Scheme.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Review and provide guidance on the client suitability review process for the appropriate evidence and documentation standards for the business.
- Help with the ongoing development of the QA functions procedures.
- Conduct file reviews and provide constructive feedback, as required.
- Design and implement business theme reviews to help provide feedback on guidance around any points for development.
- Provide pre-approval for High Risk cases.
- Ensure sales process and on-boarding procedures are adhered to and provide constructive feedback.
- Act as point of contact for queries on suitability from Advisers.
- To keep accurate and up to date registers relating to files reviewed and remedial actions.
- Assist in the cultural development of the business.
- Liaise with other departments, offices and colleagues in a polite and professional manner.
- Analyse and understand the client file, needs and objectives together with any other supporting research evidence provided.
- Good broad knowledge on the products and providers available on the open market.
- Maintain industry awareness and increase own knowledge of financial products and financial planning strategies by attending relevant training sessions and taking specific industry exams.
What’s in it for you:
- Generous Salary up to £40,000
- Benefits include: 23 days holiday, parking, death in service, pension contribution
Skills and experience required:
- Experience in the financial planning sector.
- 2 years’ experience in conducting suitability based file reviews is desirable. Knowledge of investment portfolio construction is desirable.
- Working knowledge of some financial services terminology and products.
- Professional adviser qualifications (QCF Level 4 Qualified, i.e. CII Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning or IFS Diploma for Financial Advisers or equivalent) or actively working towards attaining financial planning qualifications.
- In depth understanding of FCA suitability requirements, as they relate to independent financial advice.
- Ensure reviews in all cases adhere to the letter and spirit of applicable regulatory and legal standards, ie. FCA COBS, Proceeds of Crime Act.
- An understanding of the key product ranges and associated product risks for protection, investments & pensions.
- Proactive communication skills, both oral and written.
- Strong interpersonal skills to enable challenge and influence, exercise diplomacy accordingly.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office, with a particular emphasis on MS Word and Excel. Excellent planning and organisational skills, with the ability to organise and prioritise own workloads.
- Willing to maintain and develop industry awareness. Strong team player but also able to work independently and use initiative.
- Customer focused, ensuring positive customer experience is at the core of all activities undertaken
Apply NOW! Contact Angharad on 01179-170413 / 07399-163970 for more information