Head of Healthcare
HEAD OF HEALTHCARE
Location: Rugby, Warwickshire | Salary: £48,000 to £56,000 | Posted: 11 Dec 2018 | Closes: 5 Feb 2019 | Job Type: Permanent & Full-time | Business Unit: Health Services | Region / Division: UK & Ireland
Head of Healthcare
HMP RYE HILL
£48,000 to £56,000 per annum
40 hours per week- Monday to Friday
The Head of Healthcare will be accountable for the operational delivery of prison Healthcare Services provided by G4S and its subcontractors into HMP Rye Hill and will be the CQC registered manager for G4S services contract. This will also include working with the prison and partners to coordinate healthcare provision and ensure appropriate governance and quality assurance processes are in place. You will Develop and maintain compliance with policies, procedures and guidelines and manage the service within its financial framework and ensure that community service delivery models meet the needs of patients and deliver improved outcomes for patients across patient pathways.
- Provide operational Management and Leadership to the prison clinical teams and visiting professionals.
- Provide coordination and oversight of multi-agency partnerships and work effectively with other prisons, providers and secondary care providers
- Manage and contribute to the development of healthcare services within the prison to establish an equivalence of care to that of the NHS, operating within prison service standards Prison Service Instructions, National Service Frameworks, NICE guidance and G4S Policies
- Link and contribute to the strategic planning & development for Health and contribute to the development of G4S Healthcare Services
- Ensure effective and constructive working relationships and exercise accountability to both G4S and the establishment Director.
- Ensure appropriate quality assurance processes are in place
- Establish and facilitate links with appropriate providers of educational and training programmes assisting in the development of learning placements.
- To be flexible to the needs of the service and partnership organisations.
- Provide management support in the absence of peers and deputise for the Regional Manager when required.
- Contribute to providing senior management support and advice out of hours.
- Develop, implement and monitor ongoing development of services.
- Liaise with appropriate stakeholders to support ongoing development of Offender Health.
- Producing informative and detailed reports and presentations that represent the complexity of the environment and situations and include proactive corrective action planning, working to tight deadlines.
- Participate in multi-agency performance and quality assurance processes
- Facilitating and promoting the development of a multi-skilled and flexible workforce developing new systems, roles and models and pathways of care delivery.
- Undertake clinical audit of nursing practice in line with agreed audit schedules
- The post holder will contribute to both CQC and NOMS joint inspections
- Contribute to continuously improving the patient experience through effective patient engagement and quality initiatives.
- To undertake performance reviews for direct reports on an annual basis ensuring feedback on performance is given at regular intervals throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with your team on a timely basis ensuring robust systems exist so that staff are kept informed.
- To have responsibility for risk management and health and safety in the workplace.
- Undertake and participate in recruitment and selection of staff and implement induction probationary procedures in line with HR Management.
- Appraise and supervise direct reports in-line with G4S policy and procedure
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Registered Nurse or equivalent healthcare qualification.
- Appropriate equivalent management experience within a clinical environment
- Senior leadership experience and ability to operate within a complex delivery environment.
- Knowledge of current issues within healthcare and new models of care within primary care and substance misuse.
- Knowledge of and experience of delivering services within the required regulatory frameworks
- Relationship management abilities
- Evidence of service improvement capability and change management
- Effective partnership working in complex environments.
- Knowledge of supervisory frameworks and skilled in providing supervision to senior nursing staff
- Knowledge and understanding of performance and quality frameworks and SI Frameworks and Death in Custody processes
- High level of IT literacy
- Evidence of ongoing professional development
- Car driver
- Educated to degree level
- Leadership qualification
- Service mapping and process redesign
- Understanding of National prison initiatives and innovations relevant to the development of prison healthcare services.