Commercial Lawyer needed in Andover or Camberley
Please note you must be fluent in both English & German
My client, a global consumer goods business, with turnover in excess of €390 million and over 1,100 employees, is looking for a highly commercially aware and self-motivated lawyer to assist the group’s Global General Counsel with an expanding portfolio of commercial, corporate and compliance related work.
The role can be based in Andover or Camberley.
There will also be considerable travel in Europe and further afield.
• Assisting the group’s Global General Counsel in a variety of head-office and regional legal and commercial matters. This will include support for head-office and divisional management at a senior level. There will be direct exposure to head-office function leaders and divisional management at all levels.
• Reviewing and advising in relation to commercial contracts, documents and situations. Key areas will include manufacturing, sales, distribution and procurement arrangements.
• Reviewing and developing policies and procedures to manage and mitigate risk in the group’s commercial operations.
• Fluency (written and spoken) in English and German.
• The ability to recognise and address commercial issues, identifying proactive solutions to eliminate or mitigate risk, is essential.
• The ability to work independently and as an integrated part of a team is essential. The successful candidate will be expected to become an integrated part of the head office and divisional management teams, work closely with divisional commercial teams at all levels and both positively and closely engage with divisional management to achieve business objectives.
• The ability to understand and manage risks and issues involved in cross-border and international work is essential.
• The scope of the role and work involved will not be static. The ability to manage multiple work streams outside core legal competencies and an eagerness and ability to develop new skills and competencies, as required to meet the changing day-to-day needs of the business, are essential.
• Computer literacy.
• International experience.
• Experience or awareness of IP, M&A, competition, general corporate, employment, product liability, company secretarial or ESG compliance work.
• Familiarity with private equity style investments and vehicles.
• A willingness to work paper-free, as far as is practicable.
If you think this is the role for you, apply now.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business