Job Title: Catering Manager
Salary: £25,000 to £30,000 Depending on experience
Location: Reading Blue Coat School - RG4 6SU
Start Date: ASAP
Duration: Full Time Permanent
Catering Manager Introduction:
The Catering Manager is responsible for assisting the General Services Manager in the effective management and delivery of the Catering Service. The Catering Manager is the focal point of the core catering and has a hands on role in the delivery of catering across the site.
Sodexo is committed to achieving the highest standards in all area of its operation and the Catering Manager has a key role in ensuring high standards of customer care throughout the Catering Operation,
Catering Manager Job Purpose:
To assist the General Services Manager and Head Chef/Executive Chef in the day to day running of the catering in the restaurant, café/tuck, hospitality and external/internal events. To assist with the effective management for all the staff reporting to the posts in house. To assist with ensuring recruitment, government & company compliance of legislative requirements, health & safety, budgets and all staff training is accomplished.
Catering Manager Principle Responsibilities:
- To oversee and assist in the set up and delivery of core and hospitality catering across the site.
- To ensure agreed standards for the core catering are maintained.
- To ensure the highest standards of customer care are provided in all aspects of Sodexo's catering operation.
- To manage Sodexo's Food management systems
- To promote & participate in an alert and positive approach to H&S in the delivery of all Sodexo's catering services
- To undertake administrative work for the catering department & overseeing the stock control system for all catering areas.
- Deputising for the GSM in his/her absence
- Liaising with other departments on promotions & events
- Ensuring efficient delivery of any other duties within the scope, spirit & purpose of the job, the title of the post and its grading as requested by the General Services Manager
- To motivate & provide training to the cafe/tuck, restaurant, vending& hospitality team
- To ensure agreed targets are achieved
- Maintain & increase the level of customer satisfaction
- Setting high standards in all dealings with customers, staff & suppliers
- Monitoring & recording feedback from customers
- Dealing with complaints where appropriate and referring these to the GSM when necessary,
- Monitoring & controlling hours and overtime expenditure for hospitality, café/tuck & restaurant staff
- Monitoring sales trends, profitability etc in consultation with the GSM
- Provide & attend staff meetings
Catering Manager Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Good communication & interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with both customers & colleagues at all levels of seniority &liaise effectively with other internal departments.
- A good team player
- Flexible & Diplomatic with a positive "can do" attitude
- Stamina & the ability to work under pressure, good at thinking quickly & sorting out problems on the spot, and the ability to stay calm in a crisis.
- Good business & commercial acumen
- Strong organisation and planning skills combined with a high level of initiative
- Highly motivated
- Attention to detail
- Commercial awareness
- Able to work on own initiative within a team environment
- Ability to manage in a diverse environment with a focus on client & customer services
- Strong leadership & motivating skills including the ability to build strong relationships with customers & staff.
- Financial, budgeting & stock-taking skills, knowledge of food, food hygiene (including HACCP) and food preparation.
- Confidentiality and discretion and an awareness of the Data Protection Act.
- Working knowledge of relevant Health & Safety regulations
- Previous experience in the catering and/or multi-function environment
- Working knowledge of till systems
About the Company:
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Catering Manager join a highly reputable company that encourages career progression and offers a great annual salary plus company benefits. If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to carry out this role then apply today for the chance to be considered for an early interview.