Administrator - Legal
Administrator - Legal
Location: York /Centre
Hours: 37.5 hours
Essential skills and knowledge - Attention to detail, initiative and a willingness to learn
We are recruiting for a Legal Administrator for our York centre-based client. You will join a professional service office with a friendly team.
The Role -
- To assist with debt recovery for the department
- To assist with the preparation of bills for the department
- To arrange and keep accurate records of monthly file reviews for the Family department
- To be responsible for the organisation and implementation of archiving for the department
- To research non-chargeable areas of family law when requested
- To be responsible for managing the court diary for the department and chasing up the court where necessary
- To be responsible for booking counsel (establishing availability and fees)
- To be responsible for taking new enquiries for the department (telephone calls and face to face)
- To update precedents on the precedent manager
- To assist with the preparation of production of briefs and court bundles
- To assist with ensuring files are firm and Lexcel compliant
- To efficiently and promptly process all audio, digital or copy typing for the department fee earners
- To make appointments, arrange meetings and maintain up to date Outlook diaries for the department fee earners
- To deal professionally with clients, colleagues and other professional agencies on the telephone and in person as required
- To accurately record messages and forward these to the appropriate person without delay
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all the Company’s and client’s documentation and/or information
To make the most effective use of the: -
o OMS, Digital Dictation and Voicemail systems
o Email system
o Internet and Portal.Administration
- To maintain filing systems in effective and efficient order
- To manage file closures and file administration
- To be responsible for 'dead’ filing
- To deal with incoming and outgoing post, both DX and Royal Mail.
- To photocopy documents to required standard
- To prepare supporting documents, as appropriate.
Due to the volume of applications we receive if you have not heard from the managing consultant within 1 week please assume you have not been short listed.
Kube Recruitment Solutions Ltd. is committed to a policy of equal opportunities in relation to job applications. A copy of our Diversity Policy is available upon request.
Kube Recruitment Solutions Ltd is acting in the capacity of an Employment Agency for permanent appointments.