Community Support Worker
Care Worker (Home Care) £8.30 - £8.50 per hour
Leeds - Garforth, Seacroft, Harehills, East End Park
Hemsworth - South Kirby, Hemsworth, Upton, Ryehill
Castleford - Airedale, Featherstone, Normanton, Pontefract
Wakefield - Osset, Horbury, Upset, Outwood
As an AJ Care Worker, you will visit people who still live in their own home but need some extra care and support to help that live an independent life. You will be providing support and care to people who suffer from illness, disabilities and have difficulties due to old age. We are looking for caring people who have experience in caring for loved ones and are good home makers. For this position we will provide all training and support required to build you up to become a fantastic and valuable member of the Community Care team.
- Support with personal hygiene and maintenance.
- Prepare meals and support with eating and drinking.
- Help with reminding and taking medication.
- Help maintain a clean and tidy home environment.
- Help with shopping, collections and appointments.
- Provide companionship and Social interaction to reduce loneliness.
- Provide general home care duties.
Benefits of becoming a Care Worker with AJ:
- £8.30ph, plus paid travel time + mileage
- £8.50ph, plus paid travel time + mileage on a weekend
- £100 bonus when competencies completed
- A free uniform and ID
- 28 days paid holiday per year (accrued holiday pay)
- The Care Certificate Training
- The opportunity and support to complete a Diploma in Health and Social Care
- An office team who have all been carers and understand your needs
- Annual employee events such as Christmas parties/ Team Meetings etc.
- £100 referral bonus should you successfully recommend someone to us
Requirements for this role:
- Driving license and a reliable car for every shift.
- No professional experience is required but a natural caring and kind nature is vital.
- Have the willingness and flexibility to work shifts of 6am - 3pm or 3pm-11pm
- Care Worker - Training
Most of our Home Carers have never worked in care before they joined us. However, they had raised a family, cared for loved ones or had some personal experience of looking after someone. We will teach you the rest with a great training. We also proud to have people of all ages doing a diploma in Health and Social Care alongside their work.
If you would like to explore this role further and find out how you can start your AJ journey apply today with your CV.