BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be partnering with a rapidly growing UK based SME with the identification of a Company Accountant to join their team in County Durham.
This manufacturing business is seeking to appoint an Accountant who can add value across the business, with applications will be welcomed from candidates who have an in-depth knowledge of the manufacturing industry who can demonstrable experience of working in a similar role.
The role will see the successful candidate work closely with the Senior Management team, reporting in to the Managing Director. Duties will include control of the financial operations, including monthly reporting, commercial analysis and supporting with the development of new products from a financial perspective. Other duties will include managing relationships with external stakeholders, ensuring that statutory reporting is completed and leading a small finance team.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and reports
- Focus on manufacturing accounting including variance analysis, product costing and analysis of commercial contracts
- Assisting with annual Forecasting and budget setting process
- Cash flow management
- Oversee and managing communications with external stakeholders (Banks / HMRC / suppliers)
- Management of a small finance team
- Identification of system and process improvements
- Reporting in to Managing Director
- Project accounting and other duties where necessary
- Experienced Accountant (Qualified / Part Qualified / Qualified by Experience)
- Working knowledge and experience of manufacturing accounting is essential
- Proactive individual who can manage the demands of working for a growing SME
- Strong communication skills
- IT literate