Home-based Research Consultant - Charity Sector
Part-time and flexible | Home based with bi-weekly meetings in London
£22K pro rata for a four-day week.
A fantastic opportunity to play a part in delivering the innovative Step on Board programme whilst working flexibly
Russam GMS (RGMS) is the longest established interim management company in the country and a leading executive search firm. Ten years ago, we co-founded Trustees Unlimited (TU) which is a joint venture bringing together the National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO), Bates Wells Braithwaite and RGMS. Its fundamental purpose is to improve governance in the not for profit sector.
TU is now one of the premier recruiters of NEDs onto NFP boards and one of the first businesses in the UK to be recognised as a B Corporation. It is no understatement that TU has and continues to have an impact on tens of thousands of beneficiaries because of its impact in the boardroom.
In partnership with NCVO, TU and Russam have developed a Board placement programme called Step on Board which is a leading employee volunteer engagement programme working with organisations such Barclays, Credit Suisse and Google. To date the programme has helped facilitate the appointment of over 200 people to boards of charities.
Role and Responsibilities
The purpose of this role is to work with employees of Step on Board clients and find, by matching their skills and profile to the relevant board positions, suitable opportunities for them to consider applying to. Specifically, you will:
- Take full ownership for the matching element of the Step on Board programme for specific clients
- Analyse each individual person on the programme and plan a research strategy accordingly; at any given point to work with c. 60 individuals
- Research opportunities that are in the market place and where appropriate send to individuals or broker introductions
- Research organisations that are not advertising but whom might be interested in a candidate and establish a connection with the board or management team and where appropriate facilitate introductions
- Provide timely updates in an accurate format on the status of all individuals being worked with
The Desired Candidate
You are analytical, and results driven. Highly organised and efficient you are also a self-starter with the ability to manage with little supervision and alone. You will be confident dealing with senior leaders in the commercial and not for profit sectors.
The Research Consultant will have:
- An understanding of the charity sector and ideally charity governance
- Experience of creating, managing and reporting high quality and accurate information
- Experience of engaging with senior leaders within business
How to Apply
Please send your latest CV along with a short summary explaining why you are interested in the role to Ian Joseph by Monday 11th February.