Senior Social Worker - Wandsworth
Social Personnel are looking for a Senior Social Worker to join the Children’s Specialist Services in Wandsworth.
Social workers possess and practice the full range of social work values, knowledge and skills required to improve the lives of children in need (CIN) and their families. They must be registered to practice with the General Social Care Council under the terms of the code of conduct for social workers.
Social workers demonstrate competence and confidence in assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR) in a wide range of CIN cases, including child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases. They work collaboratively with other professionals, co-ordinating the team around the child, in order to ensure a multi- disciplinary approach to safeguarding children and young people.
- Act as the lead professional in statutory cases that require a qualified social worker, including child protection, care proceedings and looked after children cases;
- Undertake the full range of social work tasks with children in need and their families; assessment, planning, implementation and review (APIR);
- Bring together and co-ordinate the team around the child to ensure a multi- disciplinary approach to APIR and safeguarding;
- Establish and develop collaborative working with allied health and social care practitioners from children’s and adults’ services;
- Promote and model effective working arrangements with schools, children’s centres and other settings;
- Develop a good understanding of evidence based practice and integrate models of best practice into day to day service delivery;
- Participate positively in professional supervision and annual appraisal (PrP) review, taking personal responsibility for the quality of practice;
- Take part in case/practice audits and contribute to peer audit arrangements as required:
- Build professional credibility within the multi-professional partnership by achieving practice standards and meeting performance targets consistently; providing accredited practice teaching as required;
- To contribute to the continuous improvement of the services of the Boroughs of Wandsworth and Richmond.
- To comply with relevant Codes of Practice, including the Code of Conduct and policies concerning data protection and health and safety.
- To adhere to security controls and requirements as mandated by the SSA’s policies, procedures and local risk assessments to maintain confidentiality, integrity, availability and legal compliance of information and systems
- To promote equality, diversity, and inclusion, maintaining an awareness of the equality and diversity protocol/policy and working to create and maintain a safe, supportive and welcoming environment where all people are treated with dignity and their identity and culture are valued and respected.
- To understand both Councils’ duties and responsibilities for safeguarding children, young people and adults as they apply to the role within the council.
- The Shared Staffing Arrangement will keep its structures under continual review and as a result the post holder should expect to carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function, commensurate with the level of the post.
What you need:
- Experience of working together with others, across voluntary and statutory agencies, providing a social work service to children in need and their families, gained in statutory settings.
- Ability to use supervision and appraisals to maximise personal effectiveness and for professional development.
- Ability to work flexible hours as required to meet the needs of children, young people and their families.
- Diploma in Social Work, CQSW, CSS, Bachelors or Masters Degree in Social Work or other professional social work qualification recognised by the GSCC for the purposes of registration in the UK.
- Registered with the HCPC
Benefits of working with Social Personnel:
- As a Top Tier agency across many local authorities nationwide, Social Personnel have access to jobs earlier than other agencies, giving you the best chance at securing the role.
- A way to give back to charitable organisations/disadvantaged young people, through our partnership with Youth at Risk, now known as GRIT
- Simplistic payroll process, taking away the hassle from you – just enjoy your hard earned money each week
- Training and development opportunities which meet the needs of your career and are tailored to you
- A market leading £600 referral bonus, paid across 3 months, for every successful placement we make from someone you refer to us
- Your own highly experienced recruitment consultant and dedicated aftercare team
- Boat Parties, prize giveaways and much, much more...
If you are interested in this position please call Calvin on 0203 929 4018 or e-mail.