Assistant Team Manager
Assistant Team Manager
Management Grouping: Children’s Services
Team: Long Term Team
Location: Berkshire, Reading, Wokingham, Oxfordshire, Sussex
Salary £42,000 - £46,000
Hampton’s Resourcing have just recruited a new senior management team within Children’s Social Services this is an exciting time to join the council with new focus and aspirations if you are looking to work in an inclusive environment with a strong ambitious team this is an ideal opportunity for you.
As part of your role at the authority you will be developing and looking at short, medium and long term goals assisting with progression and performance. We are keen to recruit aspirational managers who are motivated to be directors of the future.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual, either an existing Deputy Team Manager or an experienced Senior Practitioner. You will be able to demonstrate sound management potential and have some proven experience of supervising and allocating work and deputising for the Team Manager in a range of situations. You will be able to demonstrate the potential to lead a busy team committed to high standards of service which supports service users in a strengths based way to achieve their outcomes.
To provide operational leadership and management in the enactment of social care legislation and local government requirements, informed by social work knowledge, skills and values, in order that person centred, safe and secure services are provided. There is a particular responsibility to ensure service delivery is maintained and workload is managed effectively.
- DipSW or equivalent Social Work qualification.
- Registration with Health Care Profession Council (HCPC).
- Demonstrates significant professional social work confidence, underpinned by practice experience and learning.
- Proven track record of successfully managing change and service/practice improvement.
- Experience of delivering services through a regulatory inspection process.
- Experience of providing supervision to students or social workers; creating a positive team environment; supporting performance.
- Experience of building and maintaining effective relationships with colleagues, external agencies, children and their families.
- An understanding of the importance of robust financial management
- Pro-actively seeks to safeguard children drawing on a wealth of knowledge and sound judgement to protect children from harm and ensuring appropriate and timely action is taken when necessary.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues and other agencies to achieve this aim.
- Demonstrates effective risk management skill and decision making
Leadership and Management
- Sets clear direction, objectives and responsibilities, assumes accountability and inspires others by acting with integrity.
- Builds and motivates teams, creating a positive environment which encourages open discussion and innovation, supports high performance and builds capability
- Communicates effectively across a range of contexts including the ability to create and deliver concise, engaging and accurate information to a range of audiences, adapting style and content to the needs of the audience and checking understanding.
- Ability to understand and interpret complex written reports and policy documents, including the ability to evaluate arguments.
- An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence using the English Language as required by Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016
- Shows respect for diversity and values individual differences,
- Treats all people fairly and appropriately regardless of race, religion, belief, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, appearance or position.
- Demonstrates an understanding of disadvantages and social deprivation.
Change & Project Management
- Focuses on results, taking personal responsibility for delivering on performance objectives and delivers a high quality service.
- Promotes change, considering options and taking forward new initiatives.
- Displays resilience and control in difficult situations, managing pressure well and encouraging others to be adaptable.
- Implements change projects and operational activities.
- Successfully builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues and external agencies, children and their families – demonstrating effective interpersonal skills in dealing with people at all levels and from a range of backgrounds.
If you are interested in this position or would like to have a confidential discussion to find out further details, please call Dan on 01926 356 547
Hampton's Resourcing prides itself on creating opportunities for Social Care Senior Managers to challenge themselves to continually develop their skills and experience. Our aim is to consistently find work for the most talented individuals within Children's and Adults Social Care services, across the UK