It’s not just a job, it’s a life experience. Join us and help us change lives.
Hft is a national charity that’s been supporting people with learning disabilities since 1962. We put the people we support at the centre of everything we do and use our experience to work in partnership with them to provide personalised services to more than 2,500 people.
Position: Support Workers
Location: London Borough of Barnet
Hours: Full & part-time available, 20 to 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £8.95 to £9.62 per hour (rise after probation)
Closing date: Wednesday 20 February 2019
Interview dates: Wednesday 5 December 2018 & Thursday 6 December 2018
Hft London provide supported living services to people with complex needs, including autism and dementia, to live independently in the community or in purpose built services with bespoke Personalised Technology. You will be supporting people for 1 hour or more and be based in 1 location so your time will be spent supporting people not travelling from place to place. We are looking for Support Workers for our CQC rated “Good” services who, with specialist training and support, can help individuals to live fulfilling lives in the community and overcome the difficulties they may face.
As a Support Worker at Hft you will:
- Support adults with learning disabilities to live the best life possible
- Enable people to have choices about their own lives, creating flexible services that meet people’s needs
- Be part of a team of Support Workers working shifts and hours that include some weekends, nights and Bank Holidays
- Receive a comprehensive induction, full training and support along the way
- Gain a fully funded Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care whilst earning
- Enjoy Support Worker benefits such as 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays), pension scheme, life assurance, staff reward schemes, family-friendly policies, discounted mobile phone and car schemes
To be a successful Support Worker you will have:
- The right values, confidence and attitudes
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues and other agencies
- Key qualities such as self-motivation and a natural resilience to challenges
- Be passionate about promoting independence and active lifestyles
Join us and help us change lives.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
You may have experience of the following: Support Worker, Charity, Charities, Third Sector, Learning Disabilities, Social Care, Voluntary Sector, Mental Health Worker, Healthcare Assistant, Care Staff, Community Development, Care Worker, Vulnerable People, Social Worker, Not for Profit, NFP, etc.